"Tashkent-Hidden treasure" Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent by Cdnexpat
Tashkent Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 127 photos
Tashkent was being used as a transit point, but I discovered that I did not need to go further for excellent rest holiday. From there it is just a short trip to great places like Bukhara and Samarkand. I absolutely love the city and its people.
As I mentionned, I used Tashkent on several occasions as travelling hub for trips to Bangkok and Canada. I flew on numerous instances with Uzbekistan Airways, and I was always happy with this airline. Its pricing policy is a good value, while it has a modern fleet and very friendly staff. I plan all my travels now out of Tashkent.
For internal flights, I have used the airline also, but its planes are mostly YAK 40 's. They are not too comfortable, but they are still cheaper than taking a taxi.
- Pros:This city has great weather year-around.
- Cons:Knowledge of some Russian language is a must.
- In a nutshell:Very inexpensive city with all amenities.
Fantastic three days we spent there! We went back the next week for two more days. This is a resort hotel, with 2... more travel advice
This is an excellent place to unwind, after a meal, or take a meal on the premises. The music is excellent, mostly... more travel advice
Cdnexpat's Related Pages
Tashkent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marriage in a Foreign Land"
- "Tashkent-Hidden treasure"
- "Tashkent, city of...uh?"
- "Tash means stone or rock & kent stands for city"
- "Tashkent, Green and Fresh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tashkent
- Hotels in Tashkent
- Transportation in Tashkent
- Nightlife in Tashkent
- Restaurants in Tashkent
- Shopping in Tashkent
- Warnings and Dangers in Tashkent
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tin Shui Wai Hotels
- Wichita Hotels
- San Juan del Obispo Hotels
- Carrigillihy Hotels
- Virginia Hotels
- Baltinglass Hotels
- Wrightsville Beach
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut
- Mackinac Island
- Land Baden-Württemberg
Badges & Stats in Tashkent
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tashkent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tashkent
Top 10 Pages
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bamiyan Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Termiz Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cuba Intro, 3 photos
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 photos
- Bukhara 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Barcelona 1 review
No friends yet.