"Termiz-Gate to Uzbekistan" Termiz by Cdnexpat
Termiz Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 4 photos
Termiz is a small city buit near the Afghanistan border. It is 10 minutes away from the border. It is located south of the country, about 8 hours away by taxi, or one hour by jet plane from Tashkent. The air service is very good with three flights a day each way.
The border crossing to Afghanistanis at the Frenship Bridge in the nearby town of Mangusar. The crossing is limited to diplomats and business people and requires prior registration. Most international people met in termiz are expats transiting to and from Afghanistan. Termiz is also used as a week-end get away for expats in Northern Afghanistan.
It has a few hotels and restaurants as well Western Union and banks. There is a lake, Uchkizel, which is 12 km to the north, which has a beach and some small boats for rental. There is a small zoo, indoor tennis courts a public spa and a few parks. There are also a few markets where we can find a good selection of produce and meat.
- Pros:Nice little get away city
- Cons:Choice of restaurants is limited
- In a nutshell:Remote city on the Afghan border
The best night spot in town. 1000 soums to get in, good Uzbek and Russian music. Friendly staff Strong German military... more travel advice
Cdnexpat's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Termiz
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Termiz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Termiz
Top 10 Pages
- Malaysia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bamiyan Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Termiz Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cuba Intro, 3 photos
- Pulau Langkawi 1 review, 2 photos
- Antalya 1 review, 2 photos
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.