"City of the Buddhas" Bamiyan by Cdnexpat
Bamiyan Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 110 photos
The famous Buddhas were destroyed in 2001. The caves where the gigantic statues stood are a memorial to the ancient civilization that lived in these mountains.
Band-Amir lakes are deep mountain lakes, fed from underwater sources. The pristine water is always a dark blue, reflecting the mountain sky, in its deepth.
The ancient Red City, a few kilometers from Bamiyan, stands guard over three valleys.
- Pros:Bamiyan is the only really tourist place in Afghanistan.
- Cons:Getting there is the hard part.
- In a nutshell:The city high in the mountains.
Cdnexpat's Related Pages
Bamiyan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Band-e Amir Lakes"
- "Bamiyan is pretty safe, but the rest is not"
- "Band-e-amir lake, bamiyan"
- "City of the Buddhas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bamiyan
- Hotels in Bamiyan
- Transportation in Bamiyan
- Nightlife in Bamiyan
- Restaurants in Bamiyan
- Shopping in Bamiyan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bamiyan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bamiyan
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bamiyan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bamiyan
Photos in BamiyanSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Malaysia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Bamiyan Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Termiz Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Cuba Intro, 3 photos
- Pulau Langkawi 1 review, 2 photos
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 photos
- Antalya 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.