Shanghai Transportation Tips by Mikebb Top 5 Page for this destination
Shanghai Transportation: 262 reviews and 285 photos
Dalian Rd Metro Station, Shanghai
We used the metro on 2 days during our 5 day visit to Shanghai. The station was about a 10 minute walk from our hotel. No problem walking the street daytime, we took taxi during the evening.
The ticketing is similar to most large cities, electronic machines where you touch screen the destination and ticket is printed upon payment.
All stations are displayed in both Chinese and English. There are helpful English speaking metro employees who assist should you have a problem.
On our second day we experienced a problem when changing lines the electronic entrance rejected our ticket. An assistant checked our ticket and then opened a door for entry.
The metro trains we traveled on were all new looking and very clean.
Maglev Approaching Station
The Maglev train operates from Pudong International Airport to the city's eastern fringe. The train operates on a system called magnetic elevation and can reach speeds up to 400km. On our trip to the airport it reached 300km per hour and gave us a very fast but smooth ride. Top speed is 431km, however if you travel prior to 8:30am and after 5:00pm the speed is limited to 300km.
One way ticket was 40 Yuan ($7) for customer with flight ticket, otherwise 50 Yuan. Taxi fare from our hotel to station 21Yuan.
Phone: 021 2890 7100
More Reviews (36)
Mikebb's Related Pages
Shanghai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sex and the city... so to speak."
- "Essence of Shanghai"
- "Shanghai! Its a lively city"
- "5 Days in Shanghai"
- "Shanghai - a classic blend of the old and the new"
- "Check out my blog - www.shanghai-eats.com"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanghai
- Hotels in Shanghai
- Transportation in Shanghai
- Nightlife in Shanghai
- Restaurants in Shanghai
- Shopping in Shanghai
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanghai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jekyll Island
- West Palm Beach
- Malvern Link Hotels
- Amboise Hotels
- Hamlin Beach State Park Hotels
- Netherlands Antilles Hotels
Badges & Stats in Shanghai
- 38 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Shanghai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanghai
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Travelling November 2014"
- Commented on one of mikelisaanna's Shanghai tips
- Wrote a Review The Streets Are Full of Surprises in Shanghai Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Arts & Crafts Museum - Exhibits"
- updated a Shanghai Travel Page "5 Days in Shanghai"
- Uploaded a Video to Shanghai
Photos in ShanghaiSee All Photos (136)
Videos in ShanghaiSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Shanghai hotel reviews
- Captain Youth Hostel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Shanghai Salvo Hotel
- 291 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Shanghai CCECC Plaza Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2013
- Hanting Inns Shanghai
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 25, 2010
- New Harbour Serviced Apartments Shanghai
- 308 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Sofitel JJ Oriental Pudong Shanghai
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Le Royal Meridien Shanghai
- 778 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013
- Best Western Longmen Hotel Shanghai
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Ascott Pudong Shanghai
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 9, 2010
- Pudong Shangri La Shanghai
- 602 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2013
- Hua Ting Hotel And Towers
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Ocean Hotel Shanghai
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Radisson Hotel Shanghai New World
- 494 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 12, 2013
- Nanjing Lu- 56 Reviews, 88 Photos
- The Bund- 80 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Oriental Pearl Tower- 61 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Jade Buddha Temple- 25 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Yuyuan Garden- 58 Reviews, 145 Photos
- Xin Tian Di- 33 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Pudong- 15 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Shanghai Museum- 34 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Huangpu River Cruise- 15 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Old Town- 11 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Shanghai Things to Do