"Terracotta Warriors - Another China Wonder" Xi'an by Mikebb
Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,112 reviews and 3,072 photos
Our visit to Xi'an was limited to a 2 night stop being part of a 20 day tour taking us to some of the famous China attractions. Xi'an was top of the list for our group of 10, all from various parts of the world and most interested in visiting the historic Qin Terra Cotta Warriors.
Our early evening flight Beijing to Xi'an took 2.5 hours and was the ideal transport as it allowed us extra time in Beijing, in fact we visited the Temple of Heaven before arriving at Beijing airport. By road it is 1,200km south west of Beijing.
During March 1974 farmers from Xianyang village accidently discovered many broken pottery figures whilst digging a well. The discovery was reported to officials and by 1976 further discoveries were made, now known as Pit1, 2, & 3. These pits are now on display and cover an area of 22,780 square metres (205,030 sq feet).
TheMuseum of Emperor Qin is located 31km from Xi'an city centre.
We were amazed at what we saw on the other side of the City Wall. As the tour bus took us the 30km to the Terra Cotta... more travel advice
This exhibit shows examples of other ranks within the Terra Cotta Warriors Museum: - The Cavalryman - Charioteer -... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Xi'an Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The echo of ancient"
- "Xian "Peaceful western part of China""
- "Shifting cities"
- "Beautiful Xi'an"
- "Xian - our stopover to see the Terracotta Army"
- "Qing Ming @Xi'an"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xi'an
- Hotels in Xi'an
- Transportation in Xi'an
- Nightlife in Xi'an
- Restaurants in Xi'an
- Shopping in Xi'an
- Warnings and Dangers in Xi'an
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xi'an
- 13 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Xi'an?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xi'an
Photos in Xi'anSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 195 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues