"Banff & Rocky Mountains On My Top 5 Destinations" Top 5 Page for this destination Banff by Mikebb
Banff Travel Guide: 486 reviews and 1,023 photos
Our 9 week round the world trip included 8 days in the Rocky Mountains before taking the train to Vancouver. Our base was a timeshare resort inside the Banff National Park on the edge of Banff township and from here we traveled in our blue PT Cruiser hire car in every direction and as far as Jasper for an overnight stay.
For me these 8 days were fantastic, the Rocky Mountains and national parks are just so beautiful and provide activities for all age groups.The facilities provided for tourists are of a high standard which enable everyone to have an opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty. Good roads and walking tracks abound, whilst there are plenty of mountain hiking tracks to challenge the more adventurous.
I was impressed with the vast tracks of unspoilt land, nature as it was and hopefully how it will be for future generations. Our trip covered parts of Africa, Paris, North Eastern USA, East and Western Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and New Zealand, but of all those destinations Banff and the Rocky Mountains was outstanding.
Being a citizen of a country where snow and ice are rare, mountains scarce, and glaciers have not been around for millions of years a highlight of our trip was seeing exactly those things and being able to walk on a glacier was mindblowing.
Our base of Banff allowed us to easily do day trips by car to locations like Lake Louise,another trip included an overnight stay at Jasper. This trip included the visit to the Athabasca Glacier which was the "stand out" memory.
Generally we are not museum people but we are very interested in the North American Indian (now known as The First Nation People) and it was in Banff that we experienced the Luxton Museum of the Plains Indians, a magnificent museum recording the life and customs of these people prior to white settlement.
We also enjoyed the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies, located in Banff and gives a history of the town.
We arrived in Banff by hire car from Calgary and left on the fabulous Rocky Mountaineer Train on the 2 day trip to... more travel advice
For those visitors to Banff who wish to know how it was in the early days just walk down town to 111 Bear Street where... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Banff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banff & Rocky Mountains On My Top 5 Destinations"
- "Banff the first Town on our Canadian Rockies trip"
- "Beautiful Banff"
- "Beautiful Banff"
- "BEAUTIFUL BANFF, ALBERTA"
- "BANFF and the BANFF NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banff
- Hotels in Banff
- Transportation in Banff
- Nightlife in Banff
- Restaurants in Banff
- Shopping in Banff
- Warnings and Dangers in Banff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banff
- 31 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Banff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banff
- Posted in Travel Thailand Forum "Re: Bus transport and timing of..."
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Banff travel pages
- updated a Banff Travelogue "Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum - Banff"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum - Banff"
- Wrote a Review Rocky Mountaineer Train - Luxury Travel about Train in Banff Transportation
Photos in BanffSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 195 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues