"The Start Of Our Rocky Mountains Adventure" Top 5 Page for this destination Canmore by Mikebb
Canmore Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 153 photos
We left New York City early morning on our flight to Calgary, Canada for our 7 night stay in Banff, Alberta. On arriving at Calgary we picked up our hire car and experienced left hand drive for the first time since 1993, promptly got lost in the city and I made the decision to immediately head to the the lovely town of Canmore for an overnight stay.
Eventually we got out of Calgary, onto the correct highway and everything started to go smoothly. Soon we were in the mountain country of the Kananaskis, we drove through the valley and stopped by the stream to admire the view and then continued on through the rugged snow capped mountains.
The drive was easy with light traffic flow and a very scenic landscape. The snow capped mountains grabbed our attention as we do not have snow where we live in Perth, Western Australia. As we drove into Canmore black clouds were swiftly coming over the mountain and it looked like we could expect some rough weather during the evening.
It was 4 pm and we were in need of accommodation, there appeared plenty of hotels and apartments but upon closer inspection we saw the No Vacancy sign. Eventually we found good accommodation in a hotel looking over the town, and soon were walking into the town where we browsed around and decided to have an early dinner and back to the hotel before the rain arrived.
On arrival at Calgary we walked outside the terminal and across the road to the Alamo Rent A Car office to collect our... more travel advice
This small church has the perfect location with the Rocky Mountains as its backdrop. The ideal place to locate a church,... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Canmore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canmore - the place to look up"
- "WHAT BANFF SHOULD BE"
- "Canmore - anyone for a winter wedding?"
- "The Start Of Our Rocky Mountains Adventure"
- "Canmore: Nice Town"
- "Welcome to the Canadian Rockies"
- "Canmore - Outdoor adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canmore
- Hotels in Canmore
- Transportation in Canmore
- Nightlife in Canmore
- Restaurants in Canmore
- Shopping in Canmore
- Warnings and Dangers in Canmore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canmore
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Canmore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canmore
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Canmore travel pages
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: How Many Days in Tokyo Prior..."
- updated a Canmore Travel Page "The Start Of Our Rocky Mountains Adventure"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Canmore On A Wet Day"
- Wrote a Review Alamo Car Hire - Good Value in Canmore Transportation
Photos in CanmoreSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues