"Land Of The Amish" Top 5 Page for this destination Lancaster by Mikebb

Lancaster Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 343 photos

It was a long day in the coach as we made our way from Niagara Falls to Lancaster through the rolling Appalachian Mountains until we arrived in Lancaster late afternoon.

Our Amish experience commenced early evening when we visited the Amish Village for the show and dinner. The next morning we visited an Amish Farmhouse and museum and then went on to the small town with the quaint name Intercourse. It was a delight to walk around the town for a few hours, enjoy a light meal, browse through the shops and in particular the beautiful Quilt Shops.

This town is frequented by the Amish and you will often see horse and carriage pass you along the road.

We enjoyed our overnight stay and Amish experience and felt it was time to move on to Washington DC.

• Last visit to Lancaster: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 15, 2008

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I've been to that side of the country. Its very lovely! Nice page Mike!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Mike, what a wonderful page filled with excellent tips and brilliant photographs! I've been to Amish communities and certainly enjoyed them and it seems that you did too.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I have read a lot about Lancaster and its Amish people - would love to visit some day What a pity the noisy children spoiled your meal!!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I had a fantastic time driving around here a few years ago - have to find my photos which are still in need of a scanner! - great to see your page here thanks Mike! - hope you got to try the Shoo Fly pie!!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Lots of good info. I see we have some things in common, as we are almost same age and I used to live in Australia in 70's......

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2008 at 9:36 AM

lancaster certainly is a different place from everywhere else, also different from when we last visited. Nice summary.

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2008 at 4:01 AM

Very interesting page, Mike! I've never been to an Amish village, it sounds like a nice cultural experience. Thanks for sharing!

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Lancaster

Have you been to Lancaster?