"A Glimpse Of Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Franconia Notch State Park by Mikebb

Franconia Notch State Park Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 34 photos

We were travelling on a tour coach from Boston to Quebec and stopped at Franconia Notch for a morning break, coffee and some fresh air. The trip along the freeway from Boston had been a trifle boring as the pine trees along the side of the freeway restricted our view to "Pine Trees"

It was good to leave the freeway and travel into the national park and enjoy the beautiful trees and the White Mountains.

Our stay was restricted to 30 minutes but the memories will last much longer.

• Last visit to Franconia Notch State Park: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2008

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Good that you had a glimpse of the White Mountains. My one visit there was a several-day hiking trip when I was a student in New York.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2009 at 3:06 PM

At least you got to enjoy some sites, although so very limited. Nice page and you captured some very nice places. Thanks!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2009 at 1:03 AM

excellent coach tip!! I sadly ran out of time and didnt get to see New Hampshire and its White mountains.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2008 at 7:54 PM

I too have fond memories of this area with my grandfather in early '60s; my first long road trip away from home, up to Quebec and Montreal.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2008 at 6:55 AM

I loved this area of New Hampshire, loads of special memories with my Uncle.

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2008 at 6:06 PM

I see that's where you got the idea for the Concord coach!!

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Franconia Notch State Park

Have you been to Franconia Notch State Park?

Latest Activity in Franconia Notch State Park