"Where The Klondike Trail Commenced" Skagway by Mikebb
Skagway Travel Guide: 170 reviews and 499 photos
Our visit to Skagway was limited to daylight with our cruise boat arriving in port at 7 am and departing 9 pm it gave us plenty of time to enjoy this small town and also take a very enjoyable vintage rail tour up the mountain and along White Pass.
We had breakfast on board and then went ashore mid morning to casually walk through the main street and the multitude of shops catering for tourists. For such a small town I was amazed by the number of jewellery stores, all with special prices. We did not buy from these stores as the cruise boat jewellery shop had daily duty free specials, sometimes with up to 40% discount.
We had an early lunch at a nice cafe in town prior to joing our White Pass Rail Tour which included Klondike Highway and visit to a theme park Gold Camp. The rail tour was very spectacular and on reflection was the best tour we took during our Alaskan cruise.
Walking along Main street you will see some wonderful buildings , none better than the Mascot Saloon which has been... more travel advice
Walking into town one of the first buildings I noticed was the Wells Fargo Building situated on a corner where it was... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Skagway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skagway, Alaska"
- "Independent Traveler's Guide to Skagway"
- "Half the Year Here................"
- "At the foot of the Chilkoot trail"
- "Skagway - Boomtown of the Klondike Gold Rush"
- "SKAGWAY, GOLD RUSH COUNTRY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skagway
- Hotels in Skagway
- Transportation in Skagway
- Nightlife in Skagway
- Restaurants in Skagway
- Shopping in Skagway
- Warnings and Dangers in Skagway
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skagway
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Skagway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skagway
Photos in SkagwaySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues