"Alaska Cruise - Juneau First Port Of Call" Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau by Mikebb
Juneau Travel Guide: 362 reviews and 881 photos
Our visit to Juneau was short and limited to 9 hours on land which might sound short but it is amazing how much you can see in that time. We were on a 7 night Alaskan cruise and after departing Vancouver at 5:15pm on Wednesday 27th June we arrived at Juneau at 1:35pm on the Friday.
We had our sea legs but did not stumble as we made our way down the gangplank to dry land and the town of Juneau. We had purchased 2 tours on board and I believe this was the reason we were able to see much of Juneau and the surrounding district.
The ports we visited during our cruise were very tourist orientated and we were amazed at the number of Jewellery shops as you walk the main street. In fact if we had not taken a tour I believe we would be back onboard the "Zaandam" within a few hours.
On the second morning of our Alaska cruise we woke to the announcement that we would be entering Tracy arm at 7:30 and... more travel advice
Late afternoon we took a whale watching tour from Auke Bay marina. Our boat was large with the capacity to seat up to... more travel advice
Written Aug 6, 2008
Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier
Written Aug 7, 2008
Mendenhall Glacier & Walking Trails
Mikebb's Related Pages
Juneau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Independent Traveler's Guide to Juneau"
- "Juneau in Summer"
- "Juneau - Home of the Mendenhall Glacier."
- "Alaska Cruise - Juneau First Port Of Call"
- "Big State, Little Capitol"
- "Cruise Stop: Juneau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Juneau
- Hotels in Juneau
- Transportation in Juneau
- Nightlife in Juneau
- Restaurants in Juneau
- Shopping in Juneau
- Warnings and Dangers in Juneau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Juneau
- 15 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Juneau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Juneau
- Posted in Travel Croatia Forum "Re: Day trips from Zagreb."
- updated a Juneau Travelogue "Mendenhall Glacier & Walking Trails"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mendenhall Glacier & Walking Trails"
- Wrote a Review Crusing Tracy Arm - Icebergs & Glaciers in Juneau Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Brehone's Juneau travel pages
Photos in JuneauSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues