"Exciting Time in Lauterbrunnen & Jungfrau" Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen by Mikebb

Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 779 photos

Our 4 day visit to the Lauterbrunnen Valley durning September 2010 was primarily to visit Jungfrau and enjoy the valley and Interlaken district.

Armed with a Swiss Rail pass we certainly saw much of the local area and one day when the cloud cover dropped to the valley floor we used the rail pass to visit Bern, which had fine weather.

The scenery was magnificent with the green valleys enclosed by the rugged snow capped mountains it was a landscape and climate totally different to what we experience at home in Perth, Western Australia

• Last visit to Lauterbrunnen: Sep 2010
  • Intro Updated Apr 12, 2011

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Hi Mike, Just called in for another look at Lauterbrunnen with you. Hope all is well over there.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM

What a wonder to see that nice main street and the ornate buildings, besides looking up at the rock ledge. You found a gem to visit there fore sure.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Sounds like you had a wonderful time here, I really think a person who didn't would be hard to please! Poor dog, his feet must have been frozen! What a nice hotel and good meal selection too. We didn't go to the Ice palace, but it sure looks good. Nice page!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Wonderful photographs Mike and I enjoyed the tips. Those snow capped moutains are gorgeous! Nice page!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Hi Mike, I'm glad you took advantage of the Swiss Railways to visit this beautiful region.

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I think you and I took the picture of the same sheep with the bell.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2011 at 5:58 PM

a great page and beautiful pictures, Mike, Lauterbrunnen is one of my favorite villages in Switzerland !

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2011 at 10:23 AM

beautiful pictures, great page on a stunning locale. love the view from your hotel window. and nice to get to bern - looks like an interesting city.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Your hotel looks GREAT..Seems you enjoyed this stopover of your tour Mike...it such a beautiful place...thanks for the little tour :o) I'll second Jeffie's offer to send you snow whenever you like...we have far too much of it for far too long every year!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Great page Mike. Oh the memories! Very keen to see Bern this year on my trip, so glad you liked it. I will be guided by you on this one. Kate

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Lauterbrunnen

Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?