"Szentendre - Quaint town on Danube Bend" Szentendre by Mikebb

Szentendre Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 617 photos

This small town of over 20,000 people is located on the Danube 19km north of Budapest and is an easy and interesting day trip. Train is the easiest way to get there and regularly departs fromBatthyany ter metro station taking 40 minutes. We did not take the train as we were conned into a pretense free tour which turned out taking us to a diamond factory. Eventually we reached the town and spent an enjoyable 3 or 4 hours looking at the local sights, craft shops , local artists and finally having lunch before catching the old train back to Budapest.

There are many artists , craftsmen and potters who have works on display throughout the hilly and winding streets

The local church high on the hill with the primary school next door.

• Last visit to Szentendre: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 15, 2005

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2013 at 4:44 AM

And there were (and still are, as far as I know) many Serbs in Sent Andre!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM

We went here and walked around, thought it was quite nice!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Write your comment...

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2012 at 5:29 AM

nice pics. why dont you add a warning tip about the rip off tour you had from that company?

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2007 at 8:22 AM

Nice notes on Budapest and Szentendre, Mike. 10 years now since we were there - lots of changes I'm sure. leyle

• Mar 23, 2006 at 11:09 AM

Hi Mike, Welcome back ! Remember me ? I once inquired after your 'freebie' trip to Szentendre ? Well, looks like I'll be back in Budapest this October, with access to the same trip offer to Sze. So whats the catch ? Would you say Yay or Nay ?

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 6:53 AM

Your the second person to recommend a day trip here. I will had to add it to my plans for the trip.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2006 at 1:07 AM

I plan to visit Szentendre on a daytrip from Budapest in a few weeks. It looks like lovely town!

• Nov 16, 2005 at 1:28 AM

Looking forward to your tips and photos, I'll check back later ;-)

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Szentendre

Have you been to Szentendre?

Latest Activity in Szentendre