"Szentendre - Quaint town on Danube Bend" Szentendre by Mikebb
Szentendre Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 604 photos
This small town of over 20,000 people is located on the Danube 19km north of Budapest and is an easy and interesting day trip. Train is the easiest way to get there and regularly departs fromBatthyany ter metro station taking 40 minutes. We did not take the train as we were conned into a pretense free tour which turned out taking us to a diamond factory. Eventually we reached the town and spent an enjoyable 3 or 4 hours looking at the local sights, craft shops , local artists and finally having lunch before catching the old train back to Budapest.
There are many artists , craftsmen and potters who have works on display throughout the hilly and winding streets
The local church high on the hill with the primary school next door.
Mikebb's Related Pages
Szentendre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Serbs, Schlock, and Sacred Art in Szentendre"
- "A Great day trip from Budapest"
- "At the bend of the Danube"
- "THE CHARMING VILLAGE OF SZENTENDRE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Szentendre
- Hotels in Szentendre
- Transportation in Szentendre
- Nightlife in Szentendre
- Restaurants in Szentendre
- Shopping in Szentendre
- Warnings and Dangers in Szentendre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Szentendre
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Szentendre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Szentendre
Photos in SzentendreSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 195 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues