"An Afternoon In Regensburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Regensburg by Mikebb
Regensburg Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 740 photos
We arrived by riverboat mid afternoon on a fine August day .On leaving the riverboat we met our guide for the 90 minute walking tour of the old city and then given an hour free time to do what we wanted and make our way back to the riverboat.
Everyone went back to the boat for the evening meal, however a smarter move would have been to remain in town for dinner, enjoy the local food and wine and then return to the boat prior to its departure, usually around 9pm.
Regensburg is a perfectly preserved medieval city on the banks of the Danube River and dominated by the spires of its impressive cathedral.The city was spared bombing during World War II, which means what you see is hundreds of years old.
It is a walking city with narrow streets, alleys , shops etc etc. A city of 150,000 people it is a delightful place to visit.
The BMW factory is also located in Regensburg and is one of the City's largest employers.
After our guided tour finished we were given an hour free time. We chose to have coffee and cake on Neupfarrplatz, a... more travel advice
We were sitting outdoors enjoying a coffee when we saw the bride arrive. Instantaly caught my wife's attention and the... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Regensburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Who says you can't go back? Regensburg"
- "An Afternoon In Regensburg"
- "Under construction"
- "Regensburg - a magical city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Regensburg
- Hotels in Regensburg
- Transportation in Regensburg
- Nightlife in Regensburg
- Restaurants in Regensburg
- Shopping in Regensburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Regensburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Regensburg
- 18 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Regensburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Regensburg
Photos in RegensburgSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues