"Malahide - The Hidden Gem Of Dublin" Top 5 Page for this destination Malahide by Mikebb
Malahide Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 184 photos
Our 10 day visit to Ireland was coming to an end as we drove the 216km from Galway to Dublin to catch a flight to London the next day.
We chose to stay close to the airport to avoid the Dublin traffic and chose the Portmarnock/Malahide district only 10 minutes drive from the airport. With luck on our side we obtained good accommodation in beautiful Malahide.
Malahide appeared to be a retreat for the wealthy, either holiday makers or those who could afford to live there and commute to Dublin. Based around a safe waterway there is a large marina with modern luxury apartments overlooking the waterway.
The village atmosphere , the beautiful narrow streets with flower pots hanging from the apartment and shop walls makes you want to have your camera ready to capture every scene.
We arrived late afternoon and managed to walk around the town and waters edge , checking out the shops and restaurants and thinking where shall we dine tonight.
We walked past the church and train station into the huge parklands, including Rugby playing fields, gardens and cricket ground. We continued on to the majestic castle which overlooks the parklands, ruins of the old church and graveyard. There is much to see and do in Malahide, however we only had time to touch the surface.
Our walk to Malahide Castle took approximately 20 minutes from the village centre. We passed through an assortment of... more travel advice
After taking photos of Malahide Castle we walked to the rear and found the ruins of a church. There was also an old... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Malahide Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mullach Íde"
- "Malahide - The Hidden Gem Of Dublin"
- "3 Pubs and 3 of Us - That'll be one each then!"
- "Malahide, quaint little town"
- "Castle Malahide"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malahide
- Hotels in Malahide
- Transportation in Malahide
- Restaurants in Malahide
- Shopping in Malahide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Malahide
- 11 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Malahide?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malahide
- Posted in Travel Malaysia Forum "Re: More days in Kuala Lumpur or..."
- Commented on one of wise23girl's Malahide travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Malahide - A Place To Relax"
- updated a Malahide Travelogue "Malahide - A Place To Relax"
- Wrote a Review Walking Through The Castle Parklands. in Malahide Things to Do
Photos in MalahideSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Malahide hotel reviews
- Island View Hotel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013