"Albany - The Rainbow Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Albany by Mikebb
Albany Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 356 photos
At the bottom of South Western Australia is the City of Albany facing the Southern Ocean. It is located 409km south of Perth and is situated on the picturesque King George Sound, a most magnificent harbour which would rival for beauty the famous Sydney Harbour located on the eastern seaboard. It is a city of 52,000 people and is the regional centre for the Great Southern, an area covering 40,000 square kilometres of rich untouched forests, waterways, pristine beaches and coastline, adventure trails, farmlands, vineyards, craftsmen, particularly timber etc. It is a fine place to live and holiday.
Each year all Western Australian Orchid Societies meet the first weekend in August for a Challenge to see which Society can claim to be the Best in WA for that year. This year Albany Orchid Society hosted the Challenge and we travelled over 400 km to the Great Southern for a fabulous weekend. It was mid winter and we braced ourselves for the notorius cold weather, however we were lucky with warm sunny days. This enabled us to enjoy the many beautiful tourist sights of the Great Southern and obtain many photos for VT.
For those interested in hiking or bushwalking Albany is the place to visit. There are bushwalks everywhere and the ones we enjoyed were through the coastal reserves with beautiful native trees and bush, some just commencing to flower, and on the other side is the King George Sound and Southern Ocean. There is a trail for everyone, if you are not so fit drive up to Mt Clarence and take a short walk through the native bush, you most likely will see some of the local animals.
The Albany Orchid Society hosted all West Australian Orchid Societies for a weekend of fun and a challenge to see which... more travel advice
A great hike is up to Mt Clarence through the local bush for a few kilometers. It is worth the effort for the... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Albany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Albany - The Rainbow Coast"
- "A L B A N Y"
- "Down South @ Albany"
- "Keeweechic's Albany"
- "ALBANY WESTERN AUSTRALIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albany
- Hotels in Albany
- Transportation in Albany
- Nightlife in Albany
- Restaurants in Albany
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Albany
- 26 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Albany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albany
Photos in AlbanySee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Albany hotel reviews
- Panorama Caravan Park & Cottages
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 7, 2012
- Country Manor Inn Albany
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Middleton Beach Holiday Park
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Dolphin Lodge
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 29, 2013
- Albany Backpackers
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 10, 2013
- Esplanade Hotel and Apartments Albany
- 1 Review & Opinion