"Sunny Brisbane, Enjoyable Any Time Of Year" Brisbane by Mikebb

Brisbane Travel Guide: 1,661 reviews and 3,740 photos

A Short Holiday In Brisbane

Having visited Brisbane many times on business but never had time to see the city sights we decided to have a 2 night stay in this fabulous city on our way to Noosa Heads for a week's holiday on the Sunshine Coast, and another 2 days prior to travelling to Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays.
We were lucky as the Brisbane weather was fine and sunny, the local people needed rain as Eastern Australia was in the grip of a drought.

Many Bridges Link Brisbane City

For those short of time I would recommend a cruise along the Brisbane River as it winds through the city and suburbs you get a magnificent view of the city buildings, local suburbs, the many different shaped bridges and the magnificent riverfront homes and apartments. We took the Rivercat public transport and for a few dollars we had a two hour trip up and down the river, you can hop off and on at any wharf all day long. We alighted at South Bank to view the Saturday markets and other attractions.

Brisbane, A Place To Enjoy The Outdoors

The climate is so good that you want to spend as much time outdoors as you can, just walk along the riverbank and enjoy the activity, or spend some time enjoying one of the many beautiful parks , Roma Street Parklands are close by and a delight to visit.Queensland is a sporting state, and in recent years has been a powerhouse in Australian Football, Rugby Union and Rugby League, whilst in summer their cricket side is amongst the best in the country.

• Last visit to Brisbane: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 15, 2006

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Wow, how did I miss this lovely page! Wonderful tips and photo's Mike. Brisbane looks fun! Nice page!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I love the way in which you have represented Brissie Mike. Well done!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM

WE have been getting news of wet weather. I hope the city holds up under the threat. YOu did a great job of showing the sites here, and the comments well done

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Outstanding Brisbane travel page! We just came back from Brisbane and Sydney two months ago. Certainly bring back fond memories of our trip there. We love South Bank Beach very much. ~ho & pang

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2009 at 9:21 AM

I felt like checking Brisbane after I received a beautiful card from there. The stacker system is just amazing. Hope to get to that part of the world one day...

• johanl's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 2:02 AM

Great tips on the east coast of Australia. Planning a trip next year from Melbourne to Cairns by motorhome. Any suggestions on what to see and do ?? Thanks. Have a great weekend.

• Jan 21, 2008 at 5:26 PM

I have heard of the stacker system but I had never imagined exactly how it worked before! Your photo was very informative!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Brisbane is another very interesting city of Australia!!! I would love to learn more about it!;)

• Travel2write's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2007 at 9:49 PM

Ging this month, I hope it's not to cold! Great Tips! T2W

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Great job! The night market, a trip on the "River Queen" or the City Cat cruise sound great for me. Albert Street Church and Bouganvillia walk looks nice. I've never seen any stacker parking.

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Brisbane

Have you been to Brisbane?