"Sunny Brisbane, Enjoyable Any Time Of Year" Brisbane by Mikebb
Brisbane Travel Guide: 1,672 reviews and 3,802 photos
Having visited Brisbane many times on business but never had time to see the city sights we decided to have a 2 night stay in this fabulous city on our way to Noosa Heads for a week's holiday on the Sunshine Coast, and another 2 days prior to travelling to Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays.
We were lucky as the Brisbane weather was fine and sunny, the local people needed rain as Eastern Australia was in the grip of a drought.
For those short of time I would recommend a cruise along the Brisbane River as it winds through the city and suburbs you get a magnificent view of the city buildings, local suburbs, the many different shaped bridges and the magnificent riverfront homes and apartments. We took the Rivercat public transport and for a few dollars we had a two hour trip up and down the river, you can hop off and on at any wharf all day long. We alighted at South Bank to view the Saturday markets and other attractions.
The climate is so good that you want to spend as much time outdoors as you can, just walk along the riverbank and enjoy the activity, or spend some time enjoying one of the many beautiful parks , Roma Street Parklands are close by and a delight to visit.Queensland is a sporting state, and in recent years has been a powerhouse in Australian Football, Rugby Union and Rugby League, whilst in summer their cricket side is amongst the best in the country.
We found early morning to be overcast and sometimes there was a low mist covering some of the buildings. After a few... more travel advice
When visiting Southbank take your bathers and enjoy a swim at the beach by the river. There are pools for small children... more travel advice
Written Nov 16, 2006
Roma Street Parklands
Written Nov 17, 2006
View Brisbane From The Rivercat
Mikebb's Related Pages
Brisbane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BRISBANE - Capital of Queensland"
- "MY HOME"
- "Be it ever so humble......."
- "Home on the Range"
- "A big country town.................."
- "OK BRISBANE, HERE I COME"
- "BRISBANE – Out of ‘Moreton Bay’"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brisbane
- Hotels in Brisbane
- Transportation in Brisbane
- Nightlife in Brisbane
- Restaurants in Brisbane
- Shopping in Brisbane
- Warnings and Dangers in Brisbane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brisbane
- 27 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 33 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Brisbane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brisbane
Photos in BrisbaneSee All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues