"Byron Bay - A Surfers Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay by Mikebb

Byron Bay Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 327 photos

During August, 2003 we had an overnight stay on our way down the Northern New South Wales coast. It is a beautiful tourist location having a magnificent surf and swimming beach, a large lighthouse on the cliff and accommodation to cater for everyone from backpackers to luxury apartments. Although it was at the end of winter the weather was warm and sunny with daytime temperature being about 21C. We were disappointed that we could only stay overnight as Byron Bay would be a good place to spend a week, it is less than a 2 hour drive to the Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise on the Queensland Gold Coast.

During September, 2006 we returned to Byron Bay for a 2 night visit on our drive from Brisbane to Sydney. This visit we used Byron Bay as a base to visit the hinterland towns of Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah and Nimbim which still remains a hippie town. For those intersted in hippies there are some interesting photos on my Nimbin pages. We also enjoyed some nice dining in Byron.

The Lighthouse - Most Easterly Point In Australia

The lighthouse is situated on the headland and gives a great view of the coast north and south, as well the inland country to the west. The morning we were there the ocean was alive, a pod of dolphins lingered offshore for half an hour.

Visitor Centre Tells The History

The Visitors Centre is worth a visit to obtain knowledge of the region

• In a nutshell:Great beach location, close to other tourist attractions
  • Last visit to Byron Bay: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 9, 2007

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM

We are thinking of a visit.....any recent updates Mike?

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
      Jun 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Hi Marg, thanks for visiting my page, have not returned. When we drove Brisbane to Sydney 2011 we took the inland road, Armidale etc, as Jill had never been to these towns. I prefer the coast road.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2010 at 1:07 PM

The beach and parklands look wonderful. Beautiful travel adventure!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Interesting and wonderful Byron Bay travel page with excellent photographs. The Byron Bay Beach and the Parklands certainly sound interesting to visit and explore. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM

I once had a co-worker who picked up and moved to Byron Bay. After seeing your great tips and photos, now I understand why! Cheers from New Jersey, Bill

• Apr 12, 2008 at 6:24 AM

Nice page and excellent beach picture

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 6:00 AM

I passed through Byron Bay 3 times, really a shame that I missed it!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 5:32 AM

I have to see the Australia's most easterly point. Haha, I collect such "the most... " places :-)

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 7:54 PM

One of my favourite places - learned to scuba dive here, and had many happy and heady days and nights here. Shame about progress though!

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Byron Bay

Have you been to Byron Bay?