"Byron Bay - A Surfers Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Byron Bay by Mikebb
Byron Bay Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 327 photos
During August, 2003 we had an overnight stay on our way down the Northern New South Wales coast. It is a beautiful tourist location having a magnificent surf and swimming beach, a large lighthouse on the cliff and accommodation to cater for everyone from backpackers to luxury apartments. Although it was at the end of winter the weather was warm and sunny with daytime temperature being about 21C. We were disappointed that we could only stay overnight as Byron Bay would be a good place to spend a week, it is less than a 2 hour drive to the Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise on the Queensland Gold Coast.
During September, 2006 we returned to Byron Bay for a 2 night visit on our drive from Brisbane to Sydney. This visit we used Byron Bay as a base to visit the hinterland towns of Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah and Nimbim which still remains a hippie town. For those intersted in hippies there are some interesting photos on my Nimbin pages. We also enjoyed some nice dining in Byron.
The lighthouse is situated on the headland and gives a great view of the coast north and south, as well the inland country to the west. The morning we were there the ocean was alive, a pod of dolphins lingered offshore for half an hour.
The Visitors Centre is worth a visit to obtain knowledge of the region
- In a nutshell:Great beach location, close to other tourist attractions
For those travellers wanting to self cater a visit to Woolworths Supermarket will ensure you have the widest selection... more travel advice
The Returned Services Clubs can be found in most New South Wales towns and provide good meals at reasonable prices.... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Byron Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Byron Bay - A Surfers Paradise"
- "Byron Bay and surrounds"
- "Byron Bay - Tourist Mecca of North Coast NSW"
- "Byron Bay- Music and Arts"
- "Byron Bay"
- "Sweetberry's Byron Bay Page"
- "Byron Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Byron Bay
- Hotels in Byron Bay
- Transportation in Byron Bay
- Nightlife in Byron Bay
- Restaurants in Byron Bay
- Shopping in Byron Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Byron Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Byron Bay
- 13 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Byron Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Byron Bay
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Switzerland - Italy Itinerary"
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Byron Bay travel pages
- updated a Byron Bay Travel Page "Byron Bay - A Surfers Paradise"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best Supermarket For Your Groceries"
- Wrote a Review Best Supermarket For Your Groceries in Byron Bay Shopping
Photos in Byron BaySee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Siem Reap Intro, 42 reviews, 114 photos
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues