"Echuca A Regional Town Oozing with History" Echuca by Mikebb
Echuca Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 111 photos
The town is located on the Murray River which is the border for the states of New South Wales and Victoria.
A busy river town during the 19th century, with hundreds of paddlesteamers plying the river, transporting wool and produce all the way to the South Australian seaport .
The town has an interesting re-enactment village alongside the wharf. There is a working blacksmith,bars, old style cafe etc etc. You can purchase tickets to go on a vintage paddlesteamer up the river
Written Aug 5, 2005
Written Aug 5, 2005
Echuca Wharf - Last flooded mid 1990's
Mikebb's Related Pages
Echuca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Echuca - A Future in the Past"
- "Echuca, historic port town"
- "ECHUCA - MOAMA"
- "Fascinating historical town on the Murray River"
- "Echuca A Regional Town Oozing with History"
- "HOME OF THE PADDLESTEAMERS"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Richards Bay
- Kampung Jambu Bongkok
- Truth or Consequences
- Cactus Flat Hotels
- Pulau Sapi
- Mount Rogers National Recreation Area Hotels
- Sioux Falls
- Sungai Petani
- San Felice Circeo
- Loretteville Hotels
- Ilha de Fernando de Noronha Hotels
- Otok Vir Hotels
- Lutsen Hotels
- Nathula Island
- Montegrotto Terme
Badges & Stats in Echuca
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Echuca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Echuca
Photos in EchucaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues