"Four Days On Beautiful Hamilton Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Island by Mikebb
Hamilton Island Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 417 photos
Hamilton Island is the largest inhabited island amongst the 74 islands in the Whitsundays group. Located just off the coast of tropical north Queensland it is easily reached in 90 minutes by regular domestic flights from Brisbane, or by ferry service from Shute Harbour which is very close to Airlie Beach on the mainland.
It is a fabulous resort offering everything you could wish for, plenty of activities for those wishing to partake in water sports, tennis, bushwalking etc, or for those who just want to rest by one of the 7 pools or find a shady spot on the sandy beach.
A casual walk through the palm lined pathways with the balmy island breeze puts you in the mood for a nice coffee or beer by the pool or in one of the many bars overlooking the pool and beach. Always high in the trees you will hear and see the great variety of colourful Australian parrots and birds.
Our 4 night holiday could be considered relaxing as we did not partake in the free kayaking or sailboarding watersports, avoided hiking the hillside trails, but enjoyed lounging by the pool and also the splendid meals at the various restaurants. We ventured out on a day trip on the Fantasea Ferry on their 3 island cruise which took us to the mainland at Shute Harbour where we then took a 15 nminute bus ride to Airlie Beach, a haven for international yachts. Back on the ferry to Long Island for an hour to view this family style resort, and then onto the upmarket Daydream Island for several hours to enjoy its great facilities. A great day out and I will share this day with you on separate pages.
- Pros:Beautiful Island To Relax or Be Active
- In a nutshell:Too short a holiday, memories will remain
Down by the marina just before the entry to the rental boats you will find on display charts of the Whitsundays Group.... more travel advice
This is a fantastic local craftsmans store where you can see the work in progress and the finished product. The range... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Hamilton Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamilton Island in the sunny Whitsundays"
- "Four Days On Beautiful Hamilton Island"
- "Hamilton Island - Whitsundays North Queensland"
- "It wasn't worth the pain"
- "More on Whitsundays"
- "Hamilton Island - A Perfect Winter Escape"
- "HAMILTON ISLAND...WHITSUNDAY ISLANDS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamilton Island
- Hotels in Hamilton Island
- Transportation in Hamilton Island
- Nightlife in Hamilton Island
- Restaurants in Hamilton Island
- Shopping in Hamilton Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamilton Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamilton Island
- 17 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Hamilton Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamilton Island
- Posted in Travel Barcelona Forum "Re: Help whilst in Barcelona"
- updated a Hamilton Island Travel Page "Four Days On Beautiful Hamilton Island"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Aspects Of Holiday On Hamilton Island"
- Wrote a Review Charts Of Whitsundays Group in Hamilton Island Favorites
- Commented on one of aussirose's Hamilton Island travel pages
Photos in Hamilton IslandSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 195 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues