"Maleny, The Gateway To Glass House Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny by Mikebb
Maleny Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 163 photos
Melaney is a small beautiful town high in the heartland of the Blackhall Ranges where the air is fresh and cool and only 40 minutes drive from the Sunshine Coast and the major tourist centres of Noosa Heads and Maroochydore. It is a good day trip where you can enjoy the Wine and Art trail by visiting the nearby towns of Kenilworth, Mapleton and Montville.
Being so close to the coastal tourist areas it is easy to make several trips to the area, perhaps visit some wineries and have lunch one afternoon, and then return another time to hike the rainforest mountain trails
There are many small mountains (volcanic plugs) forming the Glass House Mountains, all having Aboriginal names which form part of Aboriginal Legend:
Tibrogargan, the father
Beerwah, the mother
Coonowrin, the eldest child
Beerburrum, the next child
Tunbubudla, the twins
Coochin, the next child
For people wishing to visit the Glass House Mountains this map gives details of the local roads which will get you to... more travel advice
As you drive through the district you will see various crops under cultivation, pineapples grow well in Queensland and... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Maleny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maleny...at the top of the range"
- "GREEN, GREEN FIELDS OF MALENY!"
- "Maleny - a mountain retreat"
- "Maleny, The Gateway To Glass House Mountains"
- "Memories of Beautiful Melaney"
- "Maleny- a town that is different"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maleny
- Hotels in Maleny
- Restaurants in Maleny
- Shopping in Maleny
- Warnings and Dangers in Maleny
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maleny
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Maleny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maleny
Photos in MalenySee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 195 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues