"Fabulous Seaside Town On West Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah by Mikebb
Mandurah Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 280 photos
Mandurah was a small fishing town located 80 km south of Perth on possibly the best estuary and inlet in Australia. During the 1970's the first residential canal syatems were constructed and known as Waterside. Development was slow until during the 1990's the Port Mandurah residential canal system was promoted and now Mandurah boasts the best residential canal system in Australia. Luxury homes and boats abound, the Peel Inlet has 100 square kilometers of waterways with entrances to the Indian Ocean through Mandurah Estuary and the Dawesville Cut.
The small fishing town is now a thriving city having the largest population growth in Australia. People are drawn to Mandurah by its laid back lifestyle, magnificent waterways, pleasant weather, safe surf beaches and plentiful fishing and crabbing. The final canal developments, Mariners Cove, is nearing completion, however there is ample land left with either Indian Ocean or Peel Inlet views.
Mandurah is now a small city and has the infrastructure that comes with a city, in fact it has some facilities which other cities would be jealous of such as the Mandurah Arts Centre which has a theatre where visiting artists perform weekly. All water sports are well covered, all major football codes, Australian Rules Football, Rugby Union and Soccer are represented. Restaurants and shops abound, parklands and playcentres, festivals throughout the year such as Crab Fest draw tens of thousands of people to the district.
The canals are a highlight and have attracted many people from Perth and country districts to live the relaxed canal lifestyle , some in retirement others willing to commute to their workplace.
This is a top class restaurant right on the marina, it also caters for "coffee and cake" which is something every... more travel advice
Port Bouvard Marina has comfortable houseboats for hire and this is a different experience exploring the 100 square... more travel advice
Written Jun 27, 2006
Our Holiday Home
Written Jun 28, 2006
Australia Day on The Estuary
Mikebb's Related Pages
Mandurah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Mandurah"
- "Fabulous Seaside Town On West Coast"
- "MANDURAH MY SECOND HOME"
- "Mandurah - Gorgeous Beach Sth of Perth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mandurah
- Hotels in Mandurah
- Transportation in Mandurah
- Nightlife in Mandurah
- Restaurants in Mandurah
- Shopping in Mandurah
- Warnings and Dangers in Mandurah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mandurah
- 29 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Mandurah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mandurah
- Posted in Travel Norway Forum "Re: 8 Day Tour Fjors of Norway -..."
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Mandurah tips
- Uploaded a Video to Mandurah
- updated a Mandurah Travel Page "Fabulous Seaside Town On West Coast"
- Wrote a Review Top Restaurant On Port Bouvard Marina in Mandurah Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Top Restaurant On Port Bouvard Marina"
Photos in MandurahSee All Photos (116)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues