"Manly - A Fantastic Sydney Holiday Location" Manly by Mikebb
Manly Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 556 photos
Located 11km from the centre of Sydney, Manly is one of the city's best beach suburbs and an ideal location whilst holidaying or living in Sydney. The beach is world famous, the surf very good , plenty of holiday accommodation to suit all budgets, restaurants, cafes, pubs, entertainment and shops are all within walking distance.
The advantage Manly has over other beaches is that less than 10 minutes walk will bring you to the quiet waters of Sydney Harbour with its many beautiful bays, some of which you can easily walk along the waters edge. During our 4 day stay I would enjoy an early morning walk around the nearby bays, watch the sun come up over the water.
The Manly Ferry service will quickly get you to the city, the cat ferry takes 15 minutes, however we prefer the old ferry which takes approximately 30 minutes and gives you a fantastic view of Sydney Harbour, The Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.
Having lived in Sydney's northern suburbs for my first 27 years I had visited Manly numerous times and now returned for 4 days after 34 years living in Perth, Western Australia. I had been to Sydney many times over the years, mostly on business, sometimes on holidays and always stayed in the city or nearby. This time we chose Manly for its holiday atmosphere and to escape the rush of the city, our choice was well rewarded and I can say we enjoyed all the city could provide but also gained an excellent seaside break.
For those who like the cafe and pub scene you will find it all here. The Manly Wharf Hotel and Restaurant is the hot spot with its outdoor bar over the water, sun, magnificent views and good company. For those who like to travel up the coast a pleasant hour drive to Newport and Palm Beach is a must, and possibly extend it into the Ku-Ringai National Park.
Very close to Manly Wharf you will find Oceanworld which offers you the opportunity to swim with the sharks, not that I... more travel advice
Before the crowds come get down to the beach early morning, say before 7 am and you will see something different, in my... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Manly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manly - My Home for a Short Time"
- "MANLY 7 MILES FROM THE CITY A THOUSAND FROM CARE"
- "Just a Ferry Away"
- "Lazy Monday in Manly"
- "Manly: The Beautiful Town North of Sydney"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manly
- Hotels in Manly
- Transportation in Manly
- Nightlife in Manly
- Restaurants in Manly
- Shopping in Manly
- Warnings and Dangers in Manly
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manly
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Manly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manly
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Need advice on our 15 days..."
- updated a Manly Travel Page "Manly - A Fantastic Sydney Holiday Location"
- Commented on one of Gypsystravels's Manly travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Oceanworld, Dive With The Sharks"
- Wrote a Review Oceanworld, Dive With The Sharks in Manly Things to Do
Photos in ManlySee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues