"Tropical Delight Close To Great Barrier Reef" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Douglas by Mikebb
Port Douglas Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 633 photos
Our visit to Tropical North Queensland was for 6 days during July 2011. We were lucky to have 4 nights in Port Douglas during mid winter when the weather is perfect with no humidity and maximum temperature of 26C.
Upon arriving at Cairns International Airport at 5am we picked up our hire car and and enjoyed our day with overnight accommodation in Cairns. Refreshed the next morning we then drove to Kuranda in the highlands where we stopped for a few hours before continuing the short drive to Port Douglas where we enjoyed the next 4 days.
Our last visit to Port Douglas was in 1990 and on arrival we were amazed with the number of Resorts which have been established. The town is the major point for day trips to the Great Barrier Reef with numerous boats catering for visitors who wish to snorkel or dive the reef.
Our final night was at Palm Cove, one of the more recent tourist destinations located approximately 40 minutes drive south of Port Douglas and close to Cairns Airport.
Port Douglas is also the gateway to the Daintree National Park and many other tropical rainforest parks proving countless guided tours, river tours, balooning etc etc.
Nature abounds with crocodiles, magnificent birdlife, amazing fishing , either ocean or river and some excellent wildlife parks.
Four Mile Beach was on the doorstep of our resort and is very popular with visitors.
- Pros:Sunny Days, Beautiful Beaches, Tropical Rain Forest
Whilst visiting Kuranda you must not miss the beautifull Barron Falls, only 3km from Kuranda. We drove there but there... more travel advice
We booked one night at the Novotel Oasis as our overnight flight arrived at Cairns International Airport and we thought... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Port Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tropical Port Douglas"
- "Far North Queensland"
- "Tropical Delight Close To Great Barrier Reef"
- "The Only word here is WOW."
- "Paradise for some"
- "Best Home Base to see the Great Barrier Reef!"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Douglas
- Hotels in Port Douglas
- Transportation in Port Douglas
- Nightlife in Port Douglas
- Restaurants in Port Douglas
- Shopping in Port Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Douglas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Douglas
- 15 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Port Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Douglas
Photos in Port DouglasSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 195 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues