Terrigal Off The Beaten Path Tips by Mikebb
Terrigal Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 8 photos
At the southern end of Terrigal Beach above the rockpool are beautiful limestone cliffs weathered into a beautiful pattern by the surf and wind over many centuries. It is a relaxing walk around the rockface , on one side the beautiful blue of the sea complimented by the beauty of the rockface.
At the southern end of Terrigal behind The Haven you will see the very steep hill within the parkland which towers over the district. Decades ago I used to easily climb it , sometimes running but facing the challenge again after 40 years put some doubt in my mind. This time it was a slow walk with several stops and I soon made it to the top and was rewarded with spectacular 360 degree views of the coastline and inland.
You get the best view of Terrigal from here, plus spectacular views of the ocean crashing into the rocky coastline below the Skillion.
To reach the Skillion it is a nice 15 minute walk from the town centre, I recommend you bring your camera and water with you. I climbed the Skillion early morning and watched a personal trainer using the hill as circuit training for a group of women!!!
More Reviews (11)
Mikebb's Related Pages
Terrigal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Terrigal, A Seaside Paradise"
- "Terrigal, our home town."
- "Sun, Beach, Surf, Cafes, Craft Shops etc"
- "Terrigal, Avoca & The Entrance"
- "Terrigal Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terrigal
- Hotels in Terrigal
- Restaurants in Terrigal
- Shopping in Terrigal
- See All...
Explore the World
- Idaho City Hotels
- Beram Hotels
- Prato Hotels
- Grangeville Hotels
- Milne Bay Province
- Puerto López
- Judetul Suceava Off The Beaten Path
- South Africa Off The Beaten Path
- Multan Off The Beaten Path
- Bilbao Off The Beaten Path
- Chile Off The Beaten Path
- Hungary Off The Beaten Path
- Kota Kinabalu Off The Beaten Path
- Ayia Napa Off The Beaten Path
- Pulau Ubin
- Kanab Off The Beaten Path
- Prefecture of Zante (Zakynthos) Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Terrigal
- 13 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Terrigal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terrigal
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "Re: Asian travel guide"
- Wrote a Review Admire The Limestone Cliffs in Terrigal Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Terrigal Travel Page "Terrigal, A Seaside Paradise"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Climb The Skillion For Spectacular Views"
- Commented on one of colin_bramso's Terrigal travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues