"Terrigal, A Seaside Paradise" Terrigal by Mikebb
Terrigal Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 140 photos
We decided to have an overnight stopover in this Central Coast seaside town on our trip from Brisbane to Sydney. During my chilhood our family regularly spent school holidays in this beautiful seaside location, in those days there was plenty of bushland, no high rise development, few restaurants and a small hotel where my father would call in for a beer when walking home from the beach, we thought it was great as we always got a lemon squash.
The beach and lagoon remain unspoilt, just as it was 40 odd years ago, however there is little undeveloped land available as Terrigal is now a luxury resort location, 5 star hotel, holiday apartments and restaurants. I guess this had to happen as it is only an hour's drive from Sydney.
I suggest you visit Terrigal should the opportunity arise as it still remains a great place.
One of the delights of the New South Wales coastline is the rock pools many beaches have. On most days they provide a very safe place for children , adults and the not too stong swimmer to enjoy the ocean fresh seawater. Terrigal has a fine rockpool.
For those who like 5 star luxury , you will find it directly in front of Terrigal beach. Also available close to the beachfront are various types of accommodation which should meet your budget.
At the southern end of Terrigal Beach above the rockpool are beautiful limestone cliffs weathered into a beautiful... more travel advice
Should you be in the town for several days I suggest you try beach fishing, you never know your luck and there is always... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Terrigal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Terrigal, A Seaside Paradise"
- "Terrigal, our home town."
- "Sun, Beach, Surf, Cafes, Craft Shops etc"
- "Terrigal, Avoca & The Entrance"
- "Terrigal Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terrigal
- Hotels in Terrigal
- Restaurants in Terrigal
- Shopping in Terrigal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Terrigal
- 13 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Terrigal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terrigal
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Sim Card Purchase for Use In..."
- updated a Terrigal Travel Page "Terrigal, A Seaside Paradise"
- Wrote a Review Admire The Limestone Cliffs in Terrigal Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Climb The Skillion For Spectacular Views"
- Commented on one of colin_bramso's Terrigal travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 195 photos
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues