"Terrigal, A Seaside Paradise" Terrigal by Mikebb

Terrigal Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 128 photos

Return To Terrigal After Many Decades

We decided to have an overnight stopover in this Central Coast seaside town on our trip from Brisbane to Sydney. During my chilhood our family regularly spent school holidays in this beautiful seaside location, in those days there was plenty of bushland, no high rise development, few restaurants and a small hotel where my father would call in for a beer when walking home from the beach, we thought it was great as we always got a lemon squash.

The beach and lagoon remain unspoilt, just as it was 40 odd years ago, however there is little undeveloped land available as Terrigal is now a luxury resort location, 5 star hotel, holiday apartments and restaurants. I guess this had to happen as it is only an hour's drive from Sydney.

I suggest you visit Terrigal should the opportunity arise as it still remains a great place.

The Freshness Of Swimming In The Rockpool

One of the delights of the New South Wales coastline is the rock pools many beaches have. On most days they provide a very safe place for children , adults and the not too stong swimmer to enjoy the ocean fresh seawater. Terrigal has a fine rockpool.

Luxury Hotel Overlooks Beach and Surf

For those who like 5 star luxury , you will find it directly in front of Terrigal beach. Also available close to the beachfront are various types of accommodation which should meet your budget.

• Last visit to Terrigal: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2007

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2010 at 4:07 PM

The beach and lagoon looks so tranquil. The hotel accomodations look wonderful. The limestone cliffs look spooky, but fanscinating. Nice page!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM

We used to live at Kincumber just around the corner a while ago Mike....your page brought back happy memories :o) ...brought a smile to my dial ;o) Good stuff! xx

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Seems like you enjoyed returning to your childhood haunts. Looks lovely and those cliffs are amazing......

• leffe3's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 1:17 AM

Not heard of here - looks like another classic Ozzie coastal towns - quiet and undiscovered. Loved the look of the lagoon - being born in the Midlands, UK - couldn't have had a more different childhood experience - I was about 6 before I saw the sea.

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Terrigal

Have you been to Terrigal?