"Woy Woy A Good Base to Explore Central Coast, NSW" Woy Woy by Mikebb
Woy Woy Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos
The Central Coast of New South Wales was a regular holiday destination during school holidays over 40 years ago. In those days our family lived in Sydney and a relative owned a holiday cottage in the beautiful seaside resort of Terrigal.
Four decades on and my brother retired to Woy Woy a small town located on the waterway and still retaining some of the holiday atmosphere. A popular residential district for people who wish to escape the vast suburbia of Sydney and enjoy the beaches , waterways and national parks of the Central Coast.
The fast and regular rail service from Woy Woy connects with the Sydney business centre in 75 minutes.
Eight days holiday gave me the opportunity to revisit many beaches, small villages which have grown into prosperous towns, attend local markets and visit many clubs and restaurants.
I was delighted to see that the extensive State and National Parks remain unchanged in pristine condition and surround the extensive waterways.
I enjoyed several ferry excursions, the highlight being the 4 hour, 45km trip to Bobbin Head including a glimpse of the Hawkesbury River.
The waterway to Bobbin Head is surrounded by the Kuringai National Park for the 90 minute ferry trip from Patonga to... more travel advice
The hotel is the mainstay of the lcal and holiday community. It has a very nice beer garden looking out over the beach... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Woy Woy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Woy Woy A Good Base to Explore Central Coast, NSW"
- "GATEWAY to the CENTRAL COAST"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Woy Woy
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Woy Woy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woy Woy
- Posted in Travel Thailand Forum "Re: facing problem in foreign tour"
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Woy Woy travel pages
- updated a Woy Woy Travel Page "Woy Woy A Good Base to Explore Central Coast, NSW"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park"
- Wrote a Review Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in Woy Woy Things to Do
Photos in Woy WoySee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues