"Yanchep National Park - Koalas, Kangaroos & More" Yanchep by Mikebb
Yanchep Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 212 photos
For people visiting Perth who wish to see native animals in the wild there is no better place than Yanchep National Park situated 51km north of Perth and only one hour by car.
The park contains Tuart and Banksia woodlands with numerous native shrubs and plants, native animals including Koala, Kangaroos, many water and bush birds, colourful parrots, reptiles etc. The large lake, Loch McNess provides a wonderful backdrop to the extensive picnic areas which include barbecues.
There are 9 walking trails designed to suit a variety of age groups, interests and fitness abilities. There are many limestone caves throughout the park with an organised tour of the Crystal Cave.
On weekends and Public Holidays there is the Aboriginal Experience where you can discover the ways of the local Nyoongar People.
Yanchep National Park has a Koala Boardwalk where you can wander through the natural bushland and view the Koalas. This is something special as it is extremely rare in Western Australia to see Koalas in their natural enviroment. In fact it is rare to find them in most parts of Australia.
The Koala colony at Yanchep is something special.
The parkland alongside the lake is a beautiful area containing extensive areas of lawn shaded by native trees ideal for... more travel advice
Pregnancy for koalas only lasts 35 days. When the joey is born it is only 5cm long and extremely undeveloped. It crawls... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Yanchep Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Yanchep"
- "Yanchep National Park - Koalas, Kangaroos & More"
- "Yanchep National Park"
- "Yanchep - home to Yanchep national park"
- "Yanchep!! the place to be..."
- "Yanchep...on the way to Two Rocks"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yanchep
- Hotels in Yanchep
- Transportation in Yanchep
- Restaurants in Yanchep
- Shopping in Yanchep
- Warnings and Dangers in Yanchep
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yanchep
- 17 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Yanchep?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yanchep
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues