Istanbul Hotel Tips by Mikebb
Istanbul Hotels: 100,530 reviews and 893 photos
Hotel Niles Suite
We enjoyed our 2 nights at Hotel Niles as it was a nice change from the European style hotels we had during our 15 day Turkey tour.
Hotel Niles has been around for many years but had purchased the adjoining building and converted that section into a traditional style Turkish rooms. The photos show the Turkish style and we enjoyed our 2 nights. These larger rooms attract a higher tariff which we thought was justified.
Breakfast is included in the room rate and is served on the rooftop terrace overlooking the Bosphorus and the many ships anchored waiting entry to the dock.
Walking distance to the Grand Bazaar and many other attractions. The light rail tram isabout 300 metres walk.
Address: Ordu Caddesi Dibekli Cami Sokak No:19, Beyazit, Istanbul, 34400, Turkey
Comparison: about average
Directions: Close To Grand Bazaar - walking distance.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0212 517 3239
Conrad Hotel - Istanbul
We had 2 nights accommodation included with our 15 day Turkey tour. Our room was spacious and very comfortable, everything you would expect from a 4/5 star hotel. There were many facilities which we did not have time to use such as the outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts.
Breakfast was good, however on our first morning we could not find a table and had to sit in the courtyard. The next morning there were plenty of tables available as the large conference finished the previous day.
The hotel location best suited the tour company as it was some distance from the city centre. This did not worry us as we arrived in Istanbul 3 days prior to the tour and our accommodation was in the Sultanahmet district, the Europe side of the city.
For shopping , dining and entertainment visit Istikal Caddesi by taking a short taxi ride to the funicular which will take you up to Taksim and you can walk the 3km long pedestrianized street. A night visit is best.
Address: Cihannuma Mahallesi, Saray Caddesi, No 5 Besiktas 34353, Istanbul
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: +(90) 212-310 2525
Sebnem Hotel - Sultanahmet
The Sebnem is a small family operated hotel with 15 ensuite rooms. Located in the Sultanahmet district with many local restaurants within a few minutes walk.
The advantage of the Sebnem is that you can walk to the Blue Mosque and the other famous attractions located in the Sultanahmet district.
Our room was on the smaller side but very clean, airconditioned, ensuite bathroom, TV etc. We only used the room for sleeping as there was a huge roof top terrace with views over the Bosphorus. Several computers were available on the terrace including free WiFi, for guest use.
Breakfast is served on the terrace, and features typical Turkish food. We enjoyed the fresh fruit drinks prepared on request, they were the best I have ever tasted.
Light rail and the metro train were within walking distance.
When booking our accommodation the management offered us an airport tranfer service at a reasonable price. it removed the worry of finding the hotel.
Address: 1 Adiye Sok, off Akbiyik Cad, Sultanahmet.
Comparison: about average
Phone: 0212 517 6623
More Reviews (36)
Mikebb's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Explore the World
- Colonial House Inn
- Diggi Palace
- Inle Princess Resort
- All Seasons Legian Bali
- Ifa Interclub Atlantic
- Degli Orafi
- Phantom Ranch
- The Marine Hotel
- Central City Backpackers
- Riande Continental And Casino
- Best Western Traders Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites KIRKSVILLE
- B&B Sant'Andrea
- Arabica Homestay
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 39 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
Photos in IstanbulSee All Photos (136)
Read real reviews about Istanbul Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (38)
Latest Istanbul hotel reviews
- Sokullu Pasa Hotel-Istanbul
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Instanbul Samir Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 28, 2013
- Hotel Sari Konak Istanbul
- 497 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Buyuk Sahinler
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Saba Hotel
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Sultanhan
- 229 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Fors Hotel
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- Best Point Hotel
- 467 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Element Taksim
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2012
- Allstar Grand Yavuz Hotel
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Accura Hotel Istanbul
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Oldcity Hotel Istanbul
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2010
- Berce Hotel
- 276 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Topkapi Palace- 308 Reviews, 721 Photos
- Agia Sophia - Ayasofya- 301 Reviews, 711 Photos
- Grand Bazaar- 111 Reviews, 193 Photos
- Blue Mosque - Sultanahmet- 248 Reviews, 543 Photos
- Basilica Cistern - Yerebatan Saray- 112 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Bosphorus River- 109 Reviews, 192 Photos
- Galata Tower- 100 Reviews, 223 Photos
- Dolmabahce Palace- 106 Reviews, 245 Photos
- Princes Islands- 45 Reviews, 127 Photos
- Süleymaniye Mosque- 73 Reviews, 160 Photos
See All Istanbul Things to Do