"Doi Tung & The Royal Villa & Botanical Gardens" Phra That Doi Tung by Mikebb
Phra That Doi Tung Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 37 photos
Our half day visit to the Royal Villa and Mae Fah Luang Gardens was one of my favourite destinations on our 8th visit to Thailand. The gardens were established in 1992 as part of the Doi Tung Development Project established to assist the local Hill Tribes with work and activities to replace the opium cultivation which flourished in the hills and was banned by the Thai Government.
The district now has replaced the "poppy" with legitimate agriculture and the Doi Tung hill has developed into a tourist site. A small central arrival section has a Tourist Information Centre, several restaurants and cafes, market stalls.
The Royal Villa and its immediate gardens are the main attraction, however the Mae Fah Luang Garden located in the valley is essential viewing. There are many beautiful walking paths and photo opportunities abound.
These guards attracted much attention, especially from the ladies in our group. I asked whether we could take their... more travel advice
This beautiful garden is located at the bottom of the valley and can be seen from the balcony of theRoyal Villa. The... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Phra That Doi Tung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Doi Tung & The Royal Villa & Botanical Gardens"
- "Doi Tung Royal Villa"
- "Doi Tung"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phra That Doi Tung
- 10 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Phra That Doi Tung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phra That Doi Tung
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Kensington area"
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Phra That Doi Tung tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Doi Tung Map"
- Wrote a Review Guards At The Royal Villa in Phra That Doi Tung Things to Do
- updated a Phra That Doi Tung Travel Page "Doi Tung & The Royal Villa & Botanical Gardens"
Photos in Phra That Doi TungSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 48 reviews, 133 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 34 reviews, 123 photos
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues