Wangthong Things to Do Tips by Mikebb
Wangthong Things to Do: 4 reviews and 11 photos
Water Craft for Hire
The river is very popular with the local people and most likely for local travellers. Plenty of activities available for adults and children for a small charge.
As it was the "Dry Season" the river level was low, the flow was slow and we thought it might be safer not to swim. It would be a nice place to enjoy the activities when there is increased water movement.
Address: Khek River
Suspension Bridge Over The Khek River
I walked a section of this suspension bridge, just far enough to be over the water. I turned back when I saw a motorbike commence its journey from the overside of the bridge.
Directions: 10 minutes walk from the Rainforest Resort. Khek river.
We visited in mid March, towards the end of the Dry Season with rains expected not long into April. The farmers had been buring off if Laos and Thailand in preparation for the wet season. The sky had a smoke haze for the 10 days we had been in Thailand.
The locals took advantage of the slower river flow and enjoyed relaxing on and in the river, particularly in the rock pools.
Kaeng Song Waterfall Flows Into Krek River
We went for a 15 minute walk to the waterfall. It was nearing the end of the dry season, third week of March. The falls had a strong waterflow, however there were vast tracks of rocky riverbed which had not seen water for months.
During the rainy season this waterway would be a turbulent waterway.
Directions: Approx 10 minute walk from the Rainforest Resort.
More Reviews (2)
Mikebb's Related Pages
Wangthong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rainforest & National Parks, Phitsanulok Province"
- Create a Wangthong Travel Page
Explore the World
- Sóller Hotels
- Lettermullan Hotels
- Carol Beach Hotels
- Shanklin Hotels
- Zabkowice Slaskie
- Kampong Sedili Kechil
Badges & Stats in Wangthong
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Wangthong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wangthong
Photos in WangthongSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues