"Rainforest & National Parks, Phitsanulok Province" Wangthong by Mikebb
Wangthong Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 21 photos
Our group of 34 travelled from Phitsanulok to the Sukhotai Historical Park for a half day tour and then continued on to the Rainforest Resort, .
The Rainforest Resort was our home for 3 days, in fact we were only there for the evenings as we used it for a base to visit various National Parks, a Wildlife Sanctuary, treking in search of orchids in the wild. Some of us visited local craft centres and enjoyed the local sights.
Of our 21 days in Thailand I enjoyed this district the most. As our tour comprised Orchid Enthusaists I enjoyed the National Parks and the opportunity to view rare orchids in their natural enviroment. We found many orchids, however only a small percentage were in flower. We were always accompanied by Park Rangers who made certain we did not touch any orchids in the wild. Photos were allowed.
This was my 7th holiday in Thailand, the first being during 1977, but I must say this was the most enjoyable. The peace of "Rural Thailand" is something to enjoy. Perhaps the food of "Rural Thailand" might linger most from this trip.
Some of the National Parks , Museums, and walks we took were:
Nam Nao National Park
Haew Sai Waterfall
Phu Hin Rongkla National Park
Khao Kho - Obelisk in memory of Thai Soldiers (1970 conflict)
Phra Buddha Chinnarat National Museum
Sgt. Maj. Thawee Folk Museum
What made our stay at the Rainforest Resort was the relaxing style of the resort. It was totally different from western... more travel advice
We visited in mid March, towards the end of the Dry Season with rains expected not long into April. The farmers had been... more travel advice
Mikebb's Related Pages
Wangthong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rainforest & National Parks, Phitsanulok Province"
- Create a Wangthong Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Wangthong
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Wangthong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wangthong
Photos in WangthongSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues