"A Quick Two Day Stay In Beautiful Kuching" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching by Mikebb

Kuching Travel Guide: 795 reviews and 2,084 photos

Our trip to Kuching was not planned and only occured by chance. I had purchased air tickets for a 10 day holiday in Singapore. Realising this would be a long stay in Singapore I decided we would have a break in the middle and travel to Melaka for 2 nights.

Plans changed when i visited Jetstar web page to check flights and noticed a $9 return fare Singapore/Kuching plus taxes and charges. I quickly booked flights for the 2 of us, total cost Sg $159.

Limited to 2 nights we arrived at our hotel 6pm on the Tuesday and our return flight departed 5pm Thursday. It is amazing how much you can pack into a short time if you do your research and organise yourself.

Definetly the highlight of our stay was a visit to the Semenggoh Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre where we were able to view the Orang Utans in their natural enviroment.

A tour to the Sarawak Cultural Village was an ideal way to obtain an insight into the various cultures that make up the community of Sarawak. Although many visitors have time to travel upstream for an overnight stay in a longhouse and enjoy the rainforest, most do not have time to experience all cultures. This Cultural Village enables all visitors to experience the lifestyle of the various traditional cultures.

Besides walking the Kuching streets and enjoying the many small shops of the Bazaar we were able to take a late afternoon cruise along the Sarawak River. This was most enjoyable, and provided an outstanding photo opportunity whilst listening to the informative commentary.

• Last visit to Kuching: May 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM

The Sarawak River Cruise looks fantastic and the Astana Palace, along with theTua Pek Kong Temple so beautiful. As always Mike, excellent page!

• carol_fooa's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2011 at 10:57 PM

They are still lot of places can visit in Sarawak and Sabah with good seafood and natural scenery. Peninsula Malaysia also with lot of great places, foods and culture for you to explore and nice beaches too..

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Great page mate. I will be heading there myself by the end of the year.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Looks like an excellent decision to visit Kuching! I too would have loved to see the Orang Utans and also take the river cruise! Thanks for the honest hotel tips and your Longhouse experience reminded me of my years in Papua New Guinea!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Hi good to see yr pg thanks Mike, a place high on my wishlist is Borneo!Thx for visiting Rissani pg- indeed I more than 1 - I have many carpets!the dealers make huge profits - the maker almost zilch!

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Excellent Kuching page with lovely photographs! Sarawak River cruise sounds interesting to us. We have not been to Kuching even though we are Malaysians. We hope to visit Kuching one day! ~ho & pang

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Mike, I enjoyed your tips and photos of Kuching. Looks like a fantastic place that is full of culture, interesting wildlife, and good food. If I ever go, I will certainly eat at Ling Loon Seafood! Cheers, Bill

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I am glad you enjoyed your time in Kuching, you certainly saw a lot in a short time. Its one place I would love to go back to. Borneo is lovely.

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM

You sure did a lot in 2 days. What a thrill to see wild orangutans.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 3:03 PM

You certainly did pack a lot into those two days! I like the sound of that Ling Loon Seafood place especially.

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Badges & Stats in Kuching

Have you been to Kuching?

Latest Activity in Kuching