"Finished Work, Now Exploring Foreign Lands" Mikebb's Profile
St Petersburg Russia
Kampong Poring Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu Malaysia
Woy Woy Australia
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Fraser's Hill Malaysia
Port Douglas Australia
Pyramids of Giza Egypt
Chiang Deo Thailand
Pra That Doi Tung Thailand
Doi Saket Thailand
Malahide Dublin, Ireland
Yanchep National Park Perth, Western Australia
Santorini Island Greece
Click on abovementioned location to go to page.
I was born and educated in Sydney, Australia, and moved to Perth, Western Australia in 1972.
During 2007 we took a 9 week Round the World holiday, saw some fantastic countries and had a great time. Also included are pages from our recent visit to Vietnam during February 2008. Click onto the Underlined Destination and you will be transferred direct to that page. Pages completed and under construction are:
Washington DC USA
Lancaster USA The Amish People
Niagara Falls Canada
Franconia Notch USA
Sun City South Africa
Da Lat Vietnam
New York City
Lake Louise Canada
SOME INTERESTING AUSTRALIAN PAGES
NEW SOUTH WALES
From our Perth base we have visited many countries and cities in South East Asia including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand including Puket, Hong Kong,Bali, Phillipines. All fabulous places and people.In 1993 we visited Europe for 8 weeks, England, Scotland, Spain, France and Switzland. Most enjoyable but only scratched the surface.
Australia being our home country has not been overlooked and we have visited most parts of the country.
During AUGUST 2009 we visited The North West of Western Australia and the Northern Territory. A very rugged and beautiful part of Australia which I believe is a "Hidden Gem". Tourism is rapidly expanding in the Kimberley catering for all travellers from backpackers to those who can afford the luxury yachts which cruise the beautiful coast and into the many rivers.
Most of our time was in the NT and what a fabulous destination it is. We visited Darwin, Katherine, Kakadu National Park and places along the way.A sensational holiday including abundant wildlife, outstanding scenery, swimming in freshwater below waterfalls etc etc. The NT has 2 seasons , The Wet (monsoon season) and the Dry. The Dry season is holiday time.
We also enjoyed 5 nights in Broome, Western Australia.
Since taking early retirement in 2002 we have made 3 trips to Europe, the most recent being for 9 weeks from August 2010. Commencing in Germany then onto the Baltic capitals into Russia with time spent in St Petersburg and Moscow. We visited the former Soviet Union cities of Vitebsk, Vilnius and Warsaw.
This recent trip included 7 days in Paris and 6 days in fabulous Switzerland before visiting Turkey for 20 days, a most interesting country. We finished off with a cruise from Istanbul with included visits to Jerusalem, Mykonos, Cairo and the Giant Pyramids, Crete and Athens.
A 3 night stopover in Dubai completed our journey.
After being home for 3 months we set off overseas to Thailand in February 2006 with a group of "Orchid Fanatics" from Perth , web site Iinet.Net on a 17 day holiday to Bangkok and Chaing Mai. February is a great time to travel to Thailand, the weather is beautiful, No Humidity and it is the dry season. We had a great time riding elephants, rafting, Chiang Mai Flower Festival, River Kwai, river cruises, Thai food, markets and shopping.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,778 Reviews
- 6,303 Photos
- 35 Countries
- 130 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Oscar Schindler's Home"
- Wrote a Review Oscar Schindler's Home in Regensburg Things to Do
- Commented on one of stevemt's Bulgaria travel pages
- updated a Regensburg Travel Page "An Afternoon In Regensburg"
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "Re: Asian travel guide"
updated their Profile Page "Finished Work, Now Exploring Foreign Lands"
- Mikebb and munki are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Berlin
VideosSee All Videos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 71 reviews, 172 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 40 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 38 reviews, 136 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 26 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 30 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandurah Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sun City Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22172 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23065 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos