""My home away from home!!!"" Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park by bigorange1103

Smoky Mountain Magesty

The first time I ever visited the Smokies was on my honeymoon in the fall of 1998. Being from the flat land of Louisiana, I had never even seen a hill before much less a mountain. I was totally take back by the beauty!! It is something special about those mountains that keep me coming back. I have traveled back 2 or 3 times a year ever since.

In the following pages I will share my pictures and experiences with you. I love to share "my mountains" with others!!!! I hope you enjoy and visit if you have not already, and if you have, I know you enjoy it as much as I do!!!!

Welcome to the Great Smoky Mountains!!!!

This is the famous sign that will greet you and every entrance into the National Park. The sign at the Gatlinburg entrance will usually have a line of people getting their pictures taken!!!!

Fall colors at its best!!!

October is the most popular time of the year here for its wonderful fall foliage.

• Pros:One of the best places to go hiking, fishing, and camping.
  • Cons:Peak season can be very crowded!!
  • In a nutshell:"A picture perfect place!!"
  • Last visit to Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 25, 2005

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Great page. Greetings.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2005 at 9:13 PM

a gr8 resource page on one of the world's most visited national park. i liked ur tourist trap and off the beaten path tips.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 8:20 PM

Very informative pages. I love this area, too. You've done a commendable job with helpful tips, much-needed information, and terrific photos.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 1:14 PM

Great tips here. I'll be visiting the park next week. Can't wait! Thanks for all the info.

• Jul 15, 2005 at 12:08 PM

Excellent restaurant tips!

bigorange1103's Related Pages

bigorange1103

“My favorite vacation spot is "home sweet home"”

Badges & Stats in Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Have you been to Great Smoky Mountains National Park?

Latest Activity in Great Smoky Mountains National Park