"Pulau Sepa and around" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu by freshia
Pulau Seribu Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 261 photos
Pulau Seribu is a group of island scattered across the Java Sea to the north of Jakarta offers a heaven away from the bustle of city life
The island I went for a weekend trip is Pulau Sepa. Famous for divers - Beginner divers usually go to this island to take their open water certification.
Pulau Sepa is 1.5 - 2 hours by boat from Marina Ancol. Once in Sepa you can see other islands near by such as Pulau Putri, Pulau Perak, Pulau Pelangi, and other small private islands.
Only several islands in Pulau Seribu are built for Public resort. Pulau Sepa is one of the island, built for public resort which has a beautiful beach. It is a small island, only needs 10 minutes to walk around the island.
You can go for day trip to Pulau Sepa leaving Marina Ancol at 8 am and leave the island at 2pm. But it's not an efficent way as the journey takes almost 2 hours - that only left you with 4 hours in the island
The best way is to stay the night. There are 4 types of Cottages in the resort ranging from most expensive to the cheapest: Penyu, Kakap, Flipper and Gurita.
Price includes Full Board Basis (4X Meal and coffee break) and Boat transfer. There is a Live Band on weekend and a traditional dancer. When we were there the solo dancer performed Jaipongan Dance from West Java at lunch time and Satongtong Dance from North Sumatera at dinner
- Pros:Has a beautiful Beach
- Cons:2 hours by boat
- In a nutshell:The best place to stay in Pulau Seribu
You can swim freely here without fear of sea urchins, sunbathing or play volleyball more travel advice
There is a small area in the jetty in Sepa where they raise the baby shark before moving them to Pulau Puteri. There... more travel advice
freshia's Related Pages
Pulau Seribu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kepulauan Seribu"
- "Pulau Sepa and around"
- "Pulau Seribu/Thousand Island"
- "Sensual Islands..."
- "Kepulauan Seribu, North Jakarta"
- "Pulau Seribu"
- "Welcome to East Pantara island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Seribu
- Hotels in Pulau Seribu
- Transportation in Pulau Seribu
- Nightlife in Pulau Seribu
- Restaurants in Pulau Seribu
- Shopping in Pulau Seribu
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Seribu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Seribu
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pulau Seribu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Seribu
Photos in Pulau SeribuSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Seribu Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Pulau Derawan Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- Kuta Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- South Island Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Lombok Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greymouth Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Fox Glacier Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.