"Little Lewiston" Lewiston by dtownkitty
Lewiston Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 10 photos
Lewiston is a teeny tiny town far from the rat race in the big city. Its just north of the Huron National Forest, which makes for a beautiful scenic drive. Its a great place for relaxing, golfing, camping, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, etc.
Garland golf resort is the big attraction in Lewiston. It has 4 golf courses, horseback riding, hiking, fishing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing etc.
My brother works there so you should stop in and say hi and buy a golf lot from him. Then you can play golf all you want!
http://www.michiganmapsonline.com/ is a good website for information on the area.
Talleys is the hot spot in Lewiston and you might be surprised who you see there. I have met people from across the country that know about Talley's. Friendly people, burgers, beer, pool and keno. Its in an old log cabin. Fun.
You can hunt fish camp here, hike, swim, laze around, canoe, hike or laze around. Snowmobiling is very popular here in the winter. Lots of lakes and wildlife to enjoy. The golf course in the picture is of Garland.
you can sometimes see the northern lights.
Go here for reports on the area including snowmobile reports.
- Cons:If you don't like snow, don't go in the winter.
- In a nutshell:Laid back like Hawaii, but ain't no palm trees here!!!
Go to Garland for golfing. Be sure to visit my brother there and buy a golf lot so you can play for free all the time!!! more travel advice
dtownkitty's Related Pages
Lewiston Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lewiston
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lewiston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lewiston
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 103 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Michigan Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Niagara Falls Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Luray Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leland Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Lewiston Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue