"PRETTY LELAND" Leland by dtownkitty
Leland Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 24 photos
Leland is squished in between Lake Michigan and Lake Leelanau in the Leelanau Penninsula of northern Michigan. It is a very picturesque, small town that has managed to maintain its charm even while catering to its well informed, well bred, monied summer visitors.
There is no shortage of beautiful yachts in the small harbor, nor of docksiders, pullovers, Ralph Loren and Polo lables. But don't let the riff raff scare you off...There are plenty of down to earth folks and maybe even a few bikers in the mix for good measure as well as your average, brooding teenager. Besides, you can't get too upset about it. If it weren't for them, you might not be able to get your lowfat decaf french vanilla cafe latte with a sprinkling of nutmeg here.
I think that most people who visit this region of Michigan don't want the secret to get out about how fabulous it is. So...If you really want to be part of the "in the know" crowd, you should visit the Leelanau penninsula before everyone catches on.
Don't forget to visit the old, historic "Fishtown" which is actually part of the village on the water. There are attempts being made to fully restore and protect it from developement. It is just like an northeast fishing village from a movie.
- Pros:PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY
- Cons:NOT A LOT IN THE WAY OF LOCAL DIVES
- In a nutshell:WATCH THE SUNSET WITH YOUR MACCHIATO
From Leland you can take a ferry to the Manitou Islands which are a part of the Sleeping Bear National Shoreline. You... more travel advice
The meal I ate here was very nice. Of course I had Lake Michigan Whitefish. You can enjoy a casual meal in the bar... more travel advice
dtownkitty's Related Pages
Leland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PRETTY LELAND"
- "Leland, come one, come all"
- "Hugh Jass's Leland"
- "L e l a n d"
- "Basaic Leland Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leland
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Leland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 103 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Michigan Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Niagara Falls Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Luray Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leland Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Lewiston Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue