"Life is Pretty Good" dtownkitty's Profile
Two days notice and a sinus infection. How could I pass up the chance, though? I got a call Friday afternoon asking if I would sing the National Anthem for the Detroit Lions on Opening day of the football (American) season on the anniversary of 9-11. I wanted to take a raincheck but I am not a wuss! 60,000 people - Yikes!! Plus a half dozen TV folks harrassing me - "It's only live television, only a million people will hear you on the radio"!
I had to wear a baby blue shirt they gave me that I think looked goofy on me. Next time I'll bring a jersey. And everyone at Ford Field was REALLY nice!!! Several of the football players shook my hand when I was done and told me I did a good job. And I only had one BLONDE MOMENT!
I also want to say that this was my first time to Ford Field and I was so impressed by the fans! EVERYONE was so friendly and the fans are fanatical! I can't wait to go to another game!
HEY YOU!!!!! WHY AREN'T YOU LOOKING AT MY DETROIT PAGE!!!!!
NEW HALLOWEEN PHOTOS IN MY DETROIT TRAVELOGUE!!!!!!! SPOOKY!!!!
VIGILANTE COP IS HERE
I affectionately call my cat Cassidy, Cass. In honour of Detroit's Cass Ave. One day, I will be crowned Queen of Cass ave... (I have to steal the title from a tranny first, I think)
Water is just about everywhere in Michigan and there are more registered boats in Michigan than in California or Florida. Tubing, water skiing and wakeboarding are popular activities but if you don't have access to a boat you can still enjoy many public beaches, go fishing, jet skiing or rent a canoe and take a trip down a river.
I like to swim just around and water ski. I just tried kneeboarding recently and that is a lot of fun, too.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 165 Reviews
- 356 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- dtownkitty and michimillion are now friends.
- Commented on KernelPanic's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Life is Pretty Good"
- Posted in Travel Bilbao Forum "Re: Bilbao to San Sebastian"
- updated a Michigan Travel Page "FRESH WATER AND BEAUTIFUL VISTAS"
- Wrote a Review GO TO GARLAND in Lewiston Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "GO TO GARLAND"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 103 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Michigan Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Niagara Falls Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cincinnati Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Lima Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Luray Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Leland Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Lewiston Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Harpers Ferry National Historical Park Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue