"Gate to real Mexico :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana by matcrazy1

Tijuana Travel Guide: 658 reviews and 1,064 photos

The world's most visited border city

Tijuana is located on Mexican side of the USA - Mexico border line just south of San Diego, California. There is the world's busiest border crossing point there and Tijuana is the world's most "visited" city: over 100,000 visitors each day!.

The city looks quite different than San Diego but I am not sure whether it's real Mexico. It's rather city which tries to make big business on visitors from the USA - succesfully, I suppose.
What business? Do you want the whole list? OK, just top 5 (in my opinion):
- souvenirs,
- medicines,
- booze,
- food in restaurants,
- cigarettes.

Although not so easily you can find real Mexico there as well :-).

What did I buy there?

Those two stone figures as on my picture. Do you like them?
If you know who they are e-mail me, please!

What did I eat there?

Surely delicious, very delicious Mexican food + beer :-).

• Pros:You can say: I WAS in Mexico :-))), delicious Mexican food, shopping
  • Cons:Beggars, lower quality of goods and services, hmm... a little different traffic, street vendors may disturb you sometimes...
  • In a nutshell:Gate to real Mexico!
  • Last visit to Tijuana: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2003

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I wouldn't recommend Tijuana as a travel destination.

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Most visited border city yes, but definately not the most visited in the world. I just googled a list of the world's most visited cities, and Tijuana isn't even in the top 20. You are correct however that it is the world's most visited border city.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Hello, Maciek! What a great trip and a fabulous country! Thanks for your insights!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2011 at 4:28 AM

I just had to check out your Tujuana page Matt as I could not possibly think how you came up with over 100 tips for this place. The one time Hans and I visited, I couldn't wait to get out of there .

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 5:04 AM

Great page and interesting tips about the city in other part of the world!! :)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2007 at 3:07 AM

Hi Matt. Fabulous page here! Great tips & photos, especially the Local Customs! Yes, we also have happy hour down here, and also cook with gas :-) I wonder if my pages will ever grow as big as your! :-) Greetings from the desert / Jess

• Gatopardo's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 11:16 AM

I have my theory about those 7 dolls sculpture, 1 could be that they just make that up, 2nd is they might be inspired by an archeaology found and 3rd, Dzibiltchaltun and the temple of the seven dolls: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzibil...

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2007 at 3:59 AM

Excellent tips and photos on Tijuana. I have heard a lot of stories about the place but never been there. It appears to be a lot like other Mexican border towns, maybe just more tourists.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2006 at 3:48 AM

Interesting page. Your great restaurant tips have made my mouth water - so many things I have never tasted!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2006 at 1:23 PM

Quite an extensive explanation of Tijuana. I was getting mighty hungry as I read the restaurant tips with the photos and recipes. Thorough, descriptive, detailed, interesting, helpful,

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Tijuana

Have you been to Tijuana?

Latest Activity in Tijuana