"PAGE DEDICATED TO NAT (b1bob on VT)" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond by matcrazy1
Richmond Travel Guide: 855 reviews and 1,346 photos
Richmond was the first city I visited during my second U.S. trip. My friend Nat Atkins, also known as b1bob, invited me to his hometown and gave me a great tour of the place.
I found Richmond to be a fantastic place with amazing and beautiful architecture, to touch history, and to relax in its green space far from crowds of say Washington DC, Wiliamsburg or Mount Vernon. I felt there more like I was in a small town, even a village than in the capital city of Virginia.
Heritage means a sense of history. You can see it, feel it, and even taste it while walking amidst old houses and numerous monuments of local, state, regional, and national heroes and patriots. We visited the Museum of the Confederacy, the Jefferson Hotel, and walked along Monument Avenue.
I sampled delicious food in local restaurants, from Brazilian, Mexican, to local barbecue and Southern-style doughnuts for dessert.
- Pros:History and heritage, architecture, peace and quiet, food
- Cons:Works in the downtown, closed State Capitol for renovation and extension (in 2004)
- In a nutshell:Taste history in peace and quiet
Thanks to Nat I wasn't obliged to look for any accommodation in Richmond, but anyway, I was looking for my possible... more travel advice
I found this writing "Conserve water, drink Virginia wine" on a car bumper in Richmond. I followed the suggestions and... more travel advice
- See All Immigration and the South
- See All Do not forget underwear and socks :-)
- See All But how to eat it?
- See All Association For Free Photography (AFFP)
- See All Poor light and blurred pictures
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Richmond, VA"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO NAT (b1bob on VT)"
- "richmond, virginia"
- "Revolutionary and Civil War History"
- "Richmond (A city of diverse history)"
- "A wonderful walk through Richmond"
- "The Rise and Fall and Rise of Richmond"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Nightlife in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- Shopping in Richmond
- Warnings and Dangers in Richmond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 133 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues