Natural Bridge Tourist Trap Tips by matcrazy1
Natural Bridge Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 5 photos
WAX MUSEUM, NATURAL BRIDGE, VIRGINIA
It was busy and my last day in Virginia before heading south to North Carolina. I read in a leaflet taken from Virginia Welcome Center that Natural Bridge was open till dusk. Technically it was true but other attractions of Natural Bridge - of which I wanted to visit at least the caverns and Toy Museum (first in my life) - closed at 5 pm just about the time I arrived. The information given at place (see picture 2) that Indian Village closed at 5 pm was luckily not correct, it was open till dusk.
I didn't visit:
1. The Wax Museum (includes the only Wax Factory Tour in the states)
2. Toy Museum (the largest collection of childhood memorabilia on display in the world)
3. Natural Bridge Caverns (45 min. guided tour through the deepest caves in the Eastern USA)
4. Professor Cline's Haunted Monster Museum ("No Scare" tours for small children available)
5. Professor Cline's Dinosaur Kingdom
In Natural Bridge there is also Natural Bridge ZOO (the largest one in Virginia) and Virginia Safari Park as well as a full size scale replica of Stonehenge called Foamhenge. It's very American to put up so many family attractions in one area. Lucky kids born there :-)
Unique Suggestions: Most of the additional attractions of Natural Bridge are designated for families with kids. The Natural Bridge Caverns don't seem to be as fantastic as Luray Caverns (the largest in the Eastern USA) I visited in the morning. So, I didn't loose a lot.
Additionally each attraction costs. Check up-to-date rates here. Combination tickets to all atractions cost $35 in total (2006) while single ticket to Natural Bridge $12 (minus $2 for a coupon I found in my travel literature taken from Virginia Welcome Center). So, I saved a lot.
Fun Alternatives: Check up-to-date hours (follow the links above) and follow them. Have a great time :-)
More Reviews (19)
- Virginia's Piedmont
- See All Don't believe in all advertisements
- See All Waterfalls
- Monacan Indian customs and legend
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Natural Bridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than nature's wonder"
- "Natural Bridge"
- "Wonderful Natural Bridge"
- "Natural Bridge, VA"
- "FreeCloud's new Natural Bridge Page"
- "A Natural Stone Arch in the East"
- "Seven Natural Wonders of the World?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Natural Bridge
- Hotels in Natural Bridge
- Transportation in Natural Bridge
- Restaurants in Natural Bridge
- Shopping in Natural Bridge
- Warnings and Dangers in Natural Bridge
- See All...
Explore the World
- Chu Lai Hotels
- Provincie Zeeland Hotels
- Saudi Arabia
- Caldas da Rainha
- San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Orange Bay Hotels
Badges & Stats in Natural Bridge
- 20 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Natural Bridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Natural Bridge
Photos in Natural BridgeSee All Photos (143)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues