Natural Bridge Tourist Trap Tips by matcrazy1

Natural Bridge Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 5 photos

WAX MUSEUM, NATURAL BRIDGE, VIRGINIA - Natural Bridge

WAX MUSEUM, NATURAL BRIDGE, VIRGINIA

Opening hours

It was busy and my last day in Virginia before heading south to North Carolina. I read in a leaflet taken from Virginia Welcome Center that Natural Bridge was open till dusk. Technically it was true but other attractions of Natural Bridge - of which I wanted to visit at least the caverns and Toy Museum (first in my life) - closed at 5 pm just about the time I arrived. The information given at place (see picture 2) that Indian Village closed at 5 pm was luckily not correct, it was open till dusk.

I didn't visit:
1. The Wax Museum (includes the only Wax Factory Tour in the states)
2. Toy Museum (the largest collection of childhood memorabilia on display in the world)
3. Natural Bridge Caverns (45 min. guided tour through the deepest caves in the Eastern USA)
4. Professor Cline's Haunted Monster Museum ("No Scare" tours for small children available)
5. Professor Cline's Dinosaur Kingdom

In Natural Bridge there is also Natural Bridge ZOO (the largest one in Virginia) and Virginia Safari Park as well as a full size scale replica of Stonehenge called Foamhenge. It's very American to put up so many family attractions in one area. Lucky kids born there :-)

Unique Suggestions: Most of the additional attractions of Natural Bridge are designated for families with kids. The Natural Bridge Caverns don't seem to be as fantastic as Luray Caverns (the largest in the Eastern USA) I visited in the morning. So, I didn't loose a lot.
Additionally each attraction costs. Check up-to-date rates here. Combination tickets to all atractions cost $35 in total (2006) while single ticket to Natural Bridge $12 (minus $2 for a coupon I found in my travel literature taken from Virginia Welcome Center). So, I saved a lot.

Fun Alternatives: Check up-to-date hours (follow the links above) and follow them. Have a great time :-)

• Updated Sep 26, 2006

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Natural Bridge

Have you been to Natural Bridge?

Latest Activity in Natural Bridge