"Great location for sidetrips" Harrisonburg by matcrazy1
Harrisonburg Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 20 photos
After busy walking around Staunton and evening shopping in Wal-Mart I hit my car northwards along Shenandoah Valley looking for accommodation at reasonable price. The next day I was going to see the valley, cross Blue Ridge Mountains, visit Luray Caverns and Shenandoah National Park. Well, my travel plan is never fixed.
Being happy excited about the next day and worrying a bit about cloudy and foggy weather in the mountains we stopped at Super 8 Motel before reaching Harrisonburg. I expected to find something interesting in the city the next morning.
In the room I read leaflets about Harrisonburg and I got to know that Harrisonburg is home to James Madison University (JMU) and that the only point of interest is Edith J. Carrier Arboretum. At first I thought about a visit to the arboretum but next morning I asked about it in the front desk and very helpful guy with a bit strange accent (southern?) told me that it wasn't very interesting in October. He advised me to drive directly to fantastic Luray caverns with a stop in small rural town of New Market and he worned me that there was nothing more to see than fog in the mountains that day.
So, I followed his suggestions and didn't see the city at all. But I was very satisfied about my stay in Super 8 Harrisonburg. Welcome to my New Market page to continue.
- Pros:Super 8 Motel - great location for sidetrips to caverns and mountains
- Cons:Not many tourist attractions in the city itself
- In a nutshell:In the heart of beautiful Shenandoah Valley
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Harrisonburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great location for sidetrips"
- "Welcome to Harrisonburg"
- "Massanutten Vacation"
- "Radiofire4's Harrisonburg Page"
- "SchuminWeb - Harrisonburg, Virginia"
- "Scratch one more place from my Bucket List"
- "Living in Harrisonburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harrisonburg
- Hotels in Harrisonburg
- Restaurants in Harrisonburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harrisonburg
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Harrisonburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harrisonburg
Photos in HarrisonburgSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues