"Shopping and eating in Fairfax, more next time!" Top 5 Page for this destination Fairfax by matcrazy1
Fairfax Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 194 photos
Fairfax is an independent city of only 21,498 people (2000) forming an enclave within the confines of over 1-million Fairfax County west of Washingtin, DC and Arlington, Virginia. It has a compact historic downtown (Main St.) and is a home to George Mason University (GMU) when Nobel Prize-winning economists James M. Buchanan (1986) and Vernon Smith (2002) teach numerous students. My friend Nat (b1bob) from Mechanicsville, Virginia is graduated from GMU which has become the largest public university in the state of Virginia (about 30,000 students). My other VT-friend, Kent (Kentbein) lived in Fairfax in 2004. I was very happy to meet them both personally.
I passed through Fairfax a few times on the way to/from nearby Washington Dulles International Airport and spent there my last hours on American soil in 2004. Well, due to rainy weather we killed our time before flight back to Europe in Fair Oaks Mall and enjoying great meal at 29 Diner. If you need information on Fairfax tourist attractions please switch to Fairfax VT-pages by other VT-ers or City of Fairfax Official Webpage or wait until I come back there to see more.
- Pros:Historic downtown, George Mason University, shopping, 29 Diner
- Cons:Traffic jams in rush hours, it's not at all the South
- In a nutshell:Don't pass through Fairfax, stop for a while!
We caught local traffic jams a few times driving from Dulles International Airport via Fairfax County to Arlington in... more travel advice
At first looking at the Indian logo and name of this store in Fair Oaks Mall I thought it's some Indian (Native... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Fairfax Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "b1bob's excellent university adventures"
- "Shopping and eating in Fairfax, more next time!"
- "A Pit Stop for Overnight Stays, Food and Shopping"
- "Fairfax County, VA"
- "asturnut's new Fairfax Page"
- "Fran's Fairfax Page"
- "LoboAl's new Fairfax page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fairfax
- Hotels in Fairfax
- Transportation in Fairfax
- Nightlife in Fairfax
- Restaurants in Fairfax
- Shopping in Fairfax
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fairfax
- 13 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Fairfax?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fairfax
- Posted in Travel Riga Forum "Re: Pre-Euromeet 2014 Riga"
- Commented on one of soccergrrl's Fairfax travel pages
- updated a Fairfax Travel Page "Shopping and eating in Fairfax, more next time!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shopping and eating in Fairfax, more next time!"
- Wrote a Review Northern Virginia traffic jams in Fairfax Tourist Traps
Photos in FairfaxSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues