"The best place to live in the USA?" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlottesville by matcrazy1
Charlottesville Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 791 photos
Green, small and charming Charlottesville located on the footsteps of the Appalachian Mountains has many attractions, among them:
1. Monticello - Jefferson's (US president 1801-1809) plantation manor
2. University of Virginia
3. Ash Lawn-Highland - the home of James Monroe (US president 1817-1825)
4. Michie Tavern (1784)
5. Historic Court Square
6. Downtown Mall (Virginia Discovery Museum there)
I also amazed beautiful architecture of local houses, enjoyed peace and quiet and I tasted and bought Jefferson's wine. I also tried some not at all local food.
Thomas Jefferson's town has long been known as one of the best places in America to go to college, and a terrific place to retire. A 2004 Frommer's survey ranked it as the No. 1 place to live among 400 U.S. cities.
- Pros:Architecture, history, peace and quiet, close to the mountains
- Cons:Far from my home
- In a nutshell:Escape to Charlottesville
I found a lot of pretty copper (a reddish-coloured metal) and brass (alloy of copper and zinc) cookware both in the... more travel advice
Jefferson winery is located on Mr. Jefferson's original 1774 vineyard sites, just one mile south of Monticello. Mr... more travel advice
- University Chapel
- Upclass and university city?
- See All Downtown shopping in old European style
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Charlottesville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The best place to live in the USA?"
- "This is Thomas Jefferson Country..."
- "Jefferson's Charlottesville"
- "Charlottesville, Main Attractions, Three of Them"
- "Charlottesville - Thomas Jefferson's Hometown"
- "STATELY MONTICELLO!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Charlottesville
- Hotels in Charlottesville
- Transportation in Charlottesville
- Nightlife in Charlottesville
- Restaurants in Charlottesville
- Shopping in Charlottesville
- Warnings and Dangers in Charlottesville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Charlottesville
- 42 Reviews
- 253 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Charlottesville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Charlottesville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: And Euromeet 2017 will be..."
- updated a Charlottesville Travel Page "The best place to live in the USA?"
- Commented on one of Ewingjr98's Charlottesville travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Taste and buy delicious wine :-)"
- Wrote a Review Do not use them! in Charlottesville Warnings and Dangers
Photos in CharlottesvilleSee All Photos (253)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 348 reviews, 1887 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues