"Unique city with the largest house in the USA!" Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville by matcrazy1
Asheville Travel Guide: 468 reviews and 1,138 photos
Among numerous cities and towns I visited during my Southern odyssey through 12 states Asheville (pop. 70,000) was the only city of medium size in which I spent more than 1 day. More, having no accommodation for the second night I had to drive to South Carolina to stay there. Despite it I decided to come back the next morning to continue my Asheville adventures. Why?
Well, most people come to Ashville to visit the Biltmore Estate which is a must, more than just the castle and worth the cost. But apart from that I was surprised to discover one of the most unique American cities I ever saw. Asheville offers some artisty flavour of both old and young Europe mixed with both typical southern town and modern American city. Its atmosphere is made by locals, their diversity and friendliness. Asheville seems to be a very friendly and nice place to live. Read my pros below and tips for more details.
- Pros:Unique, very friendly and mixed atmosphere, watching people (hippies, yuppies, punks...); art (Art Deco, music, painting etc.), antiquities, mountains around, good size, friendly locals again, surely Biltmore Estate
- Cons:NO VACANCY!
- In a nutshell:Discover still a bit hidden little pearl! Meet a friend!
There was no vacancy for my second night in Asheville. Therefore I had to drive south to South Carolina. The next... more travel advice
Chimney Rock Park is a privately owned park in Chimney Rock, 25 miles southeast of Asheville. Wow, I am very happy I hit... more travel advice
- See All Animals at the Biltmore Estate
- See All Quilts by known artists
- See All Blacksmith at work
- See All Great local food and service! :-)
- See All CLOSED Biltmore House!
- See All Streets of downtown
- Climbing in downtown
- See All Do not judge at first look
- Good value - 61,05$ per 2!
- Asheville is up in the mountains!
- See All To and around Biltmore Estate
Been to Asheville?Share your travels with the world!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Asheville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unique city with the largest house in the USA!"
- "Amazing Asheville"
- "b1bob's edifying Asheville adventures"
- "Experience the Excitement of Asheville"
- "asheville north carolina"
- "There is so much beauty in and around this place."
- "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out in Asheville!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asheville
- Hotels in Asheville
- Transportation in Asheville
- Nightlife in Asheville
- Restaurants in Asheville
- Shopping in Asheville
- Warnings and Dangers in Asheville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asheville
- 100 Reviews
- 471 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Asheville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asheville
- updated a Asheville Travel Page "Unique city with the largest house in the USA!"
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of doug48's Asheville travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Asheville downtown"
- Wrote a Review Carl Sandburg Home in Flat Rock in Asheville Off The Beaten Path
Photos in AshevilleSee All Photos (471)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues