"Charming, picturesque and upclass neighbourhood" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown by matcrazy1
Georgetown Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 240 photos
Georgetown is a charming, picturesque and upclass neighbourhood of Washington DC, northwest of downtown, right by the Potomac River. Georgetown named in honor of British King George II, was officially formed in 1751, 39 years before Washington DC. It's unique space for fans of colonial architecture, shopping (or window shopping), fans of watching people and residencies of those rich and (un)famous.
Georgetown is my recommendation for fans of evening window shopping (or shopping if your bank can afford it), watching people or romantic dining in charming restaurants (keep your card ready). For fans of night photography of architecture as well. For fans of clubbing, discos and pubs hmm... not the best choice at least on business days where they close mostly early (before or at 10.00 pm.).
- Pros:Colonial architecture, shopping, watching people
- Cons:Expensive space, no metro
- In a nutshell:Discover charming, picturesque and upclass neighbourhood!
Citizens of the oldest and upclass neighbourhood of Georgetown were so worried about their fancy streets that they... more travel advice
Georgetown Visitor's Center (GVC) has no opening hours but large advertisement: "GVC welcomes you." It was closed at... more travel advice
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Georgetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming, picturesque and upclass neighbourhood"
- "Historic and Trendy Georgetown"
- "Home of Universities, Presidents, Senators"
- "My home January 2004-- July 2006"
- "Historic Georgetown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Georgetown
- Hotels in Georgetown
- Transportation in Georgetown
- Nightlife in Georgetown
- Restaurants in Georgetown
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Warnings and Dangers in Georgetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Georgetown
- 18 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to Georgetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Georgetown
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: worried about (a) VT..."
- Commented on one of ForestqueenNYC's Georgetown travel pages
- updated a Georgetown Travel Page "Charming, picturesque and upclass neighbourhood"
- Wrote a Review From downtown Washington in Georgetown Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "St Stephen Martyr Church"
Photos in GeorgetownSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues