"PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)" Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego by matcrazy1
San Diego Travel Guide: 3,385 reviews and 7,732 photos
1. Do NOT try to read all my tips at once - it takes ages,
2. Do NOT read this page at work unless you are a boss,
3. Do NOT drink (even light wine/beer) and read this page - you surely get drunk before you finish :-),
4. Do NOT rate all my tips unless you wish to become clickwoman/clickman,
5. KEEP SMILING :-)))))) and go for REAL travels, they are much better than virtual ones - am I wrong?
San Diego was the first American city I visited and - no doubts - one of the BEST of bigger cities I have ever visited.
My opinions on San Diego, California and the USA - people I met and places I visited are just MY first (and not last = I surely must visit the USA more times) opinions, views, observations always to discuss.
My top 5 reasons to visit San Diego:
1. Linda (lmkluque) who helped me a lot during my first (and last as for now) days on American soil,
2. Very, very nice people (they love visitors hehe) and very pleasant weather,
3. Pacific Ocean and beautiful beaches,
4. Gaslamp District at night,
5. Charming Coronado Island (seperate city), fantastic Balboa Park, world famous ZOO and Sea World and many, many more.
The city is located in the southwest corner of the USA by a picturesque San Diego Bay and in contrast to Los Angeles it's free of tangle of freeways (UK - motorways) and smog.
It's said that citizens of San Diego are rich and much more conservative than in any other part of California. I don't know but the city itself is safe, comfortable, relaxing, full of flowers - just a must see whenever you are in California.
San Diego is full of history and Spanish - Mexican influences as well.
The first mission in California was established just here. Add the Santa Fe Railroad built in 1880' and the US Naval base which occupies part of Coronado Island. There was the headquaters of US Pacific Naval during WWII in San Diego .
- Pros:Linda (lmkluque), nice people, pleasant weather, Pacific ocean + beaches, Balboa park - Spanish architecture and its museums, ZOO, Sea World and many many more :-)))
- Cons:Lack of time to cover everything!
- In a nutshell:The finest city of the USA
It's the USA biggest (am I right?) discount supermarket chain. They sell everything there but no luxury or just more... more travel advice
I noticed yellow ribbons fixed to doors of quite many houses in and around San Diego. What did it mean? Wearing and... more travel advice
- See All My first driving :-)
- See All If your budget is limited...
- See All Lack of time
- See All Legal drinking age
- Sun glasses
- See All Strange cacti
matcrazy1's Related Pages
San Diego Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Diego, California"
- "San Diego ~San Dieguito"
- "Jim_Eliason's San Diego Page"
- "Warm up to San Diego"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)"
- "California's Birthplace"
- "Something for everyone...San Diego"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Diego
- Hotels in San Diego
- Transportation in San Diego
- Nightlife in San Diego
- Restaurants in San Diego
- Shopping in San Diego
- Warnings and Dangers in San Diego
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Diego
- 259 Reviews
- 297 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 169 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to San Diego?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Diego
- Posted in Travel Germany Forum "Re: What to visit (for 2-3 hours)..."
- Commented on one of Yaqui's San Diego travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "They didn't want to pose"
- updated a San Diego Travelogue "Postcards and VT MEETINGS"
- Wrote a Review Wal-Mart? What's that? about Discount Stores in San Diego Shopping
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 288 reviews, 1562 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio Intro, 751 reviews, 805 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gdansk Intro, 296 reviews, 1241 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warsaw Intro, 264 reviews, 1165 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 389 reviews, 431 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Intro, 150 reviews, 647 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 353 reviews, 427 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 318 reviews, 361 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 297 reviews, 308 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asheville Intro, 100 reviews, 471 photos, 5 travelogues