"PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)" Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego by matcrazy1

San Diego Travel Guide: 3,233 reviews and 7,471 photos

WARNING: YOU JUST ENTERED MONSTER PAGE :-)))

My suggestions:
1. Do NOT try to read all my tips at once - it takes ages,
2. Do NOT read this page at work unless you are a boss,
3. Do NOT drink (even light wine/beer) and read this page - you surely get drunk before you finish :-),
4. Do NOT rate all my tips unless you wish to become clickwoman/clickman,
5. KEEP SMILING :-)))))) and go for REAL travels, they are much better than virtual ones - am I wrong?

San Diego was the first American city I visited and - no doubts - one of the BEST of bigger cities I have ever visited.

My opinions on San Diego, California and the USA - people I met and places I visited are just MY first (and not last = I surely must visit the USA more times) opinions, views, observations always to discuss.

My top 5 reasons to visit San Diego:
1. Linda (lmkluque) who helped me a lot during my first (and last as for now) days on American soil,
2. Very, very nice people (they love visitors hehe) and very pleasant weather,
3. Pacific Ocean and beautiful beaches,
4. Gaslamp District at night,
5. Charming Coronado Island (seperate city), fantastic Balboa Park, world famous ZOO and Sea World and many, many more.

Relaxing paradise

The city is located in the southwest corner of the USA by a picturesque San Diego Bay and in contrast to Los Angeles it's free of tangle of freeways (UK - motorways) and smog.

It's said that citizens of San Diego are rich and much more conservative than in any other part of California. I don't know but the city itself is safe, comfortable, relaxing, full of flowers - just a must see whenever you are in California.

History

San Diego is full of history and Spanish - Mexican influences as well.
The first mission in California was established just here. Add the Santa Fe Railroad built in 1880' and the US Naval base which occupies part of Coronado Island. There was the headquaters of US Pacific Naval during WWII in San Diego .

• Pros:Linda (lmkluque), nice people, pleasant weather, Pacific ocean + beaches, Balboa park - Spanish architecture and its museums, ZOO, Sea World and many many more :-)))
  • Cons:Lack of time to cover everything!
  • In a nutshell:The finest city of the USA
  • Last visit to San Diego: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 14, 2003

• jgemini65's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Great job on the city of my birth and my youth!!

• David92382's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 11:10 AM

In California the only thing you can determine from the licence plate is the state. Each US State has their own unique licence plate. They differ in color and shape size and configuration of the numbers/letters.

• Apr 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Yellow ribbons are in support of military members that are away from home even if they are just out to sea or in the middle east fighting a war. pink ribbons are for breast cancer red ribbons are for AIDS/HIV or drug abuse prevention

• amesian's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 3:51 AM

i was in SD last summer and worked at the zoo for 2.5 months. i enjoyed every moment of my time spent in SD and without doubt San Diego is my favaourite city in California... i enjoyed reading your pages very much. GD job :)

• Jun 15, 2007 at 3:01 PM

This might be the biggest but it has some compitition. Traveling East on the 94 fwy; exit fon Kenwood. When on the offramp, look right there's an enormous tree. When you exit and turn right on Kenwood and then right (Barbic Court)

• Gatopardo's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Now you really know that I want to go to San Diego, I'm gonna ask Aaron... I want to go to the zoo and see the pandas..

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 9:10 PM

In France, also, we do have city limits inside a larger city, architects call it a Conurbation. Don't you have that in Poland too, when several villages grow and "melt" into one single town? Woow, I survived to the monster! I did it!

• Dec 27, 2006 at 4:26 AM

But if you plan to stay here for a while then get a Thomas Guide map book! It's as cheap as $15 if you buy it at Costco. It's what the locals use to get around and it covers the entire county.

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 6:45 PM

Hello there Matt, You deffinetly have alot here to check out look like a very nice place to visit. And your pics say so..Thank for info as i had no idea San Diego is such a beautiful place...Donna :o)

• Nov 21, 2005 at 2:34 AM

A couple of excellent tips and fantastic photos Matt! Especially liked the photos of the street musicians and the animals of that huge Zoo. It's great! :)

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in San Diego

Have you been to San Diego?

Latest Activity in San Diego