"Let's meet in Oceanside again :-)))" Top 5 Page for this destination Oceanside by matcrazy1

Oceanside Travel Guide: 204 reviews and 553 photos

MY WONDERFUL AND FIRST LARGE VT MEETING :-)

Oceanside is a place never to forget for me :-))).
I and my lovely wife Ursula came to the USA for the first time on 10 April 2003 at about 2pm. We were picked up from LAX to San Diego by our great friend Linda (Imkluque).

On 12 April 2003 we went to Oceanside for our first large VT meeting organized by Barry (Spartan) specially for us!!! Imagine that we knew our dates just ten days or so before and that Barry was still on his Honeymoon (with Laurie-Jeanne). Oh, it was
the fastest organized large VT meeting ever, I suppose. And it was a blast!!!

Hot welcome :-)))

Believe me, I am not sure whether our dog would welcome us so warm and enthusiastic like VT gang did in Oceanside :-)))

Perfect location for VT meetings!

Oceanside is a beachfront community of 150,000 located in northern San Diego County between San Diego and Los Angeles (easy to get for VT-ers from both areas).
The meeting took place at the Rockin' Baja Lobster restaurant, located at the marina next to a charming lighthouse - just perfect location!

• Pros:Barry (spartan) + his wife Laurie-Jeanne :-))); pier, marina, beaches, weather, nearby numerous attractions - perfect place for meetings!
  • Cons:High risk of catching OA (Oceanside Addiction) - very serious disease, no cure but strong support group
  • In a nutshell:Let's meet in Oceanside!
  • Last visit to Oceanside: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 18, 2003

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

10 years ago... WOW!

• Ann75's Profile Photo
      Apr 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM

You're a VT old timer now! ;) No 10 year reunion today? ;)

Take care,
      Ann

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Wish I had known about VT for this meet; I used to live in Oceanside and San Diego. Glad you had such a FAB visit!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 10:24 AM

We're heading to Oceanside later this month and your tips will be usefull. Thanks.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 3:41 AM

It looks like the VT meet was a lot of fun even without the eggs. I have noticed that people do tend to dress very casual in California.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Haha, I noticed that in California, better to be a bit over the speed limit than under if you did not want to slow the whole traffic! I understand you had a real great time in a city with a lighthouse painted Polish colors!

• Aug 12, 2006 at 12:46 AM

I used to work at Rockin' Baja Lobster in the harbor. If the tourists only knew how many locals and employees get food poisoning there they would think twice about going. Hopefully they will address those problems, otherwise it's in a nice location.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2005 at 5:55 AM

Looks like you and your lovely wife Ursula had a wonderful time on your first visit to the U.S. Got a laugh out of your "Pretty Women" danger tip. BTW Hans & I often use hotel coupon books. Great tip. Big hugs. Lori. PS Your Canada map is empty!!!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2005 at 12:41 AM

Very funny page Matt! I have not heard of Xing before either & I love the smiling tomato! lol. Looks like you had a fun time. the signing of the flag is a great idea, how wonderful they painted the light house just for you too! q(~_~)p

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 1:21 AM

great page lucky you to have met so many VT friends!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 10:16 PM

This must be the greatest meetings page ever. I guess you've worked hard for that "free" VT shirt, Matt! Great tips on a great time.

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Oceanside

Have you been to Oceanside?

Latest Activity in Oceanside