"Like a kid in a candy store :-))))" Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista by matcrazy1

Chula Vista Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 236 photos

My first and good impressions from the USA :-)

Chula Vista is still a part of San Diego in my mind hehe although I know now that it's a seperate city with its own mayor and city government.
Chula Vista means "pretty view" in Spanish. No doubts - it's not a touristy city, rather residential area located half way between San Diego City and Tijuana, Mexico.

My first thoughts and observations

Hmm... I was only doing shopping (first time in the USA) there and I was eating there and first of all as a first time visitor to the USA I was looking around and just observed things! That's why this page is more about what I observed and thought than what I visited there.

I am like a kid in a candy store when I visit a country for the first time :-)). So, this page is a child-like perspective.

And, surely some of my tips (local customs especially) are not specific to Chula Vista only but at least to the whole California if even not the USA. So, when I put up pages on exact locations I visited (in ?? months hehe), I am going to move them to either my California or my USA page.

Tourist attractions covered by Linda

Chula Vista is a nice, safe city with a few attractions for tourists:
- the new Coors Ampitheater, where major named entertainment is offered,
- an Olympic Training Center,
- the new Knott's Soak City USA, a water slide park.

If you wish more info on tourist attractions in Chula Vista take a look at Imqluque Chula Vista page, please.

• Pros:Human smiles :-))), palm trees, inexpensive shopping, Filippi's Pizza Grotto, tourist attractions
  • Cons:It's a city!
  • In a nutshell:Stop for a while before you enter Mexico!
  • Last visit to Chula Vista: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2005

• wroclawiak's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Fajnie jest wiedzieć parę rzeczy o miejscu, do którego mam jechać. Dzięki. Jak dostanę wizę, to najprawdopodobniej będę tam w lutym.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 4:03 PM

A very interesting page on Chula Vista as seen through a new comers eyes.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2006 at 3:58 AM

This was a fun page to read Matt. Although Canadian, I loooove Walmarts and we did have a HUGE Ram Tough Pick-up truck - Why? Because it was so Cool to drive. hehe!

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 6:14 AM

Very informative page Matt.. and well written.. thanks.. ;-))

• LauraWest's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 4:41 AM

Matt, thanks for your comment on my Chula Vista tips. Just read your own.Love your perspective.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 8:51 PM

Your page reminds me that when I came back home after one year in California, I found streets and parking lots to be awfully small and narrow! I had an old, second (may be more) hand, Buick 6 liters (!) instead of a tiny Peugeot 1500 cm3 at home!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 12:47 PM

I can't believe the Poles have bigger Pizza's than they have in the US!

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2005 at 11:10 PM

loved your writing with your thoughts - enjoyed it very much

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2005 at 11:50 AM

Seems like you spent most of your quality time in Chula Vista shopping ;) LOL I loved your perception of California, Californians ( Chula Vistans *) and the habits :)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 8:25 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip here, most people don't think such wonderful deverse cities such as Chula Vista as vacation destinations. We can enjoy all small town and cities because they all have something to offer.:-)

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Badges & Stats in Chula Vista

Have you been to Chula Vista?

Latest Activity in Chula Vista